• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Questions from the current build 4.1 of July

@Levis

Thanks again for the help.

Sadly neither of the console codes worked.

First I tried:
ref perklist = makearef(characters[GetOfficersIndex(pchar,1)],"perks.list");
Deleteattribute(perklist,"BasicCommerce");

Nothing happened, the perk remained. This was the error log
COMPILE ERROR - file: console.c; line: 17
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
not aref or ref

I tried changing "perklist" to "perks.list" in the second line but it still didn't work.

I also tried:

DeleteAttribute(characters[GetOfficersIndex(pchar,1)].perks.list.BasicCommerce)

Nothing happened, and I got this error:
function 'DeleteAttribute(args:2)' doesnt accept 1 arguments

Sorry to bother you with this, but I'd really like to have a way of repairing my officers from the shared XP bug. Can you take another look at the console commands and give me something else to try? Thank you so much! :)

sorry I can't test it in my game so typo's are prone to happen :p.
try this:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(characters[GetOfficersIndex(pchar,1)],"perks.list.BasicCommerce");

Thanks so much Levis! I will try it out as soon as I have a chance to play again, I really appreciate your helping me with this. :)

Hi @Levis

Sadly, it still didn't work. No error log, just nothing happened.

I actually wouldn't mind deleting all their perks, I could just add free points with the consoles and rebuy them all. Would that be easier? I tried deleting the "basiccommerce" part, so also running DeleteAttribute(characters[GetOfficersIndex(pchar,1)],"perks.list"); , but nothing was removed either

I found some past threads discussing this, one quoted the console as having this:

int idx = GetMainCharacterIndex();
aref arPerksRoot; makearef(arPerksRoot,ChrPerksList.list);
int chrPerksQ = GetAttributesNum(arPerksRoot);
for (i = 0; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(PChar); i++) {
if (i > 0) {
idx = GetPassenger(PChar, i - 1);
if (idx < 0) continue;
}

for (int p = 0; p < chrPerksQ; p++)
{
string perkName = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(arPerksRoot, p));
characters[idx].perks.list.(perkName) = true;
}
}

And referenced some cheat code in the tailor dialogue. It looks like the tailor dialogue has this:

refOfficer = GetCharacter(intOfficer);
and also a long list like this
DeleteAttribute(refOfficer,"perks.list.BasicDefence");

So I tried doing this:
refOfficer = GetCharacter(characters[GetOfficersIndex(pchar,1)]);
DeleteAttribute(refOfficer,"perks.list.BasicCommerce");

And no luck either.

Thanks for your help Levis. Again, I'm happy to just delete the entire perk list if that is easier, just don't know how to do that either. ;)

EDIT: I just enabled cheatmode and tried the tailor, and it does work to reset the officers there.

I can just use the tailor then I guess--there are no bad effects to using that? You mentioned in a past thread you thought the code was ancient for the tailor reset and seemed strange to you, and you didn't like it because among other things it didn't cover new perks. But no real worries in using it?

Also, really confused why it works in the tailor but a similar thing doesn't seem to work for the console....

Last edited:
Interesting idea to reduce the effect from skill items.
Indeed it does seem quite easy to increase your skills that way.

I wonder how hard it would be to change the system to a 1-100 scale instead of 1-10.

Yes, my personal preference is, an incentive to get multiple (3 in my case) of the items, but not too dramatic an effect from doing so.

Otherwise once a character gets to 6 in a skill, there is effectively no advancement, and the player can easily have 10s in everything from his officers using items very, very early.

A 1-100 scale would be nice. Really anything to ensure there is a nice, satisfyingly long advancement period, as is fun in RPGs. The virtue of the /3 solution is I have some fun advancement until base 9 in a skill, which I am still a ways away from, so it is working well.

I like the idea. If it seems to work well without any apparent issues, I'm tempted to add it to the mod. :onya

@Levis

Just wanted to let you know that using the tailor (though I had to update the skill list there with a couple missing) cheat allowed me to reset my officers, so no need to worry about my questions regarding the console anymore. :)

Tailor skill list update? Is that something that should perhaps go in the main mod too?

Hi Pieter,

It's on my to do list. I added 3 missing perks (the ones that were obvious to me as missing--one personal firearm perk and two smuggling perks), but I haven't had a chance to comprehensively compare it to the perks list to make sure I didn't miss others that are missing, I didn't want to post a half complete job, so I've been waiting until I can do the check and ensure all perks are now present. Will post after I do so.

@Levis

Just wanted to let you know that using the tailor (though I had to update the skill list there with a couple missing) cheat allowed me to reset my officers, so no need to worry about my questions regarding the console anymore. :)
it should indeed work. I don't know why the console thing didn't work. probably some typo somewhere. After today I have access to my game again so I can test things before I post them :p (sometimes).

I would still like to make the tailor function more generic. Probably soon I will just write a function to delete a certain perk from a character and a function to remove all so these can be used in the tailor too.

Levis,

Thanks for helping me. :) I don't think you made any typos in the last bits of console code you gave me, something weird was going on. I tried copy and pasting directly from the tailor, and still couldn't get it to work, but somehow using the tailor did work. Also,when I used your code for the player character, it worked fine.

Anyway, my guys are all reset now, and thanks to you the bug is fixed, so everything is great. :)

Back