• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Questions (Maybe we could use this to ask overall questions, for anyone to see)

AinzSama

Landlubber
Hi guys, I just had some question(s) and couldnt find a general thread for those, so I decided to open one myself (if there is one, please tell me where/give me a link).

So for my question:
In my "first playthrough" of TEHO, which I started a year ago and stopped playing 10 hours in because the game is pretty hard without reading lots of things about it, I started playing again, and of course missed a 10day timer of one of the DLC quests. So after another 20 hours I randomly red in a walkthrough that I messed up.

Now I started a new playthrough and I hope I can do all the quests through using a walkthrough to know what I gotta do (for the time limited quests, that is).
But on my first start I had 2 officer girls on my side (screenshot attached) , and I cant find anything of them on the net. (Or maybe their names are random). So I just reached Guadeloupe and I am kinda feared I wont get those 2 back, especially because they seemed to be quest officers which cant leave you as it seems.

Attachments

• image_2023-10-21_101201655.png
    image_2023-10-21_101201655.png
    4 MB · Views: 49
Besides the first question, when I started the game 2 other questions came up.
There are certain options when starting the game that seem to be really important, and which you cant change during the game - but there is only a pretty small explanation to those, and while searching the web for answers they were kinda with split opinions or hard to understand for newcomers.

First one would be the dynamic or tactical (sea battle) option.
In general, most players said that dynamic is pretty fast sailing and shooting, pretty unrealistic, and that it has also something to do with the wind and angle for sailing into/against it.
Tactical should be slower, more realistic, but also more abuseable (enemy changes ammonition depending on the distance etc).

Since I couldnt really find out more, Ive gone with what I knew from this game, which was the dynamic mode, but I hope that a detailed answer from one of you could help other newbies out :D

And my next question, also in the regard of starting a new game, is the crews shares. At first I though it meant deactivating it simpy means you dont have to give them any money, but searching around I read something about the depts which differ on circumstances with having the option active and not.

Does it mean that if crews shares is active, their monthly income depends on loot and ships we got together? (red also something about abusing that the dept comes when you reach a port, and not directly after taking the ship - though that seemed to be kinda debateable).

And if its not active, that the crew gets their monthly income just depending on numbers?

Besides the first question, when I started the game 2 other questions came up.
There are certain options when starting the game that seem to be really important, and which you cant change during the game - but there is only a pretty small explanation to those, and while searching the web for answers they were kinda with split opinions or hard to understand for newcomers.

First one would be the dynamic or tactical (sea battle) option.
In general, most players said that dynamic is pretty fast sailing and shooting, pretty unrealistic, and that it has also something to do with the wind and angle for sailing into/against it.
Tactical should be slower, more realistic, but also more abuseable (enemy changes ammonition depending on the distance etc).

Since I couldnt really find out more, Ive gone with what I knew from this game, which was the dynamic mode, but I hope that a detailed answer from one of you could help other newbies out :D

And my next question, also in the regard of starting a new game, is the crews shares. At first I though it meant deactivating it simpy means you dont have to give them any money, but searching around I read something about the depts which differ on circumstances with having the option active and not.

Does it mean that if crews shares is active, their monthly income depends on loot and ships we got together? (red also something about abusing that the dept comes when you reach a port, and not directly after taking the ship - though that seemed to be kinda debateable).

And if its not active, that the crew gets their monthly income just depending on numbers?
Hello.

About the officers I don't remember that they were from any mission and I don't remember that you could recruit women as normal officers either.

The photo of officer Helene is of Mary, the companion of the main character in the game in one of her lines, you may have a mod that adds female officers to the game.

On dynamic or tactical battles, I have always chosen the first option so I can't help you.

Thanks for you answer :D
I never had a mod installed for this game, and still no clue how I got those 2.

If someone else could answer the question regarding the dynamic/tactical battles, that would be great.

The question regarding the crews share is still not cleared, but my guess would be without shares its a standard rate of payment each month. (not sure though)

Something else that came up for me was the fight during the final lesson. The last fight is just simply impossible, because the indian will always onehit you or the 2 helpers - and since the quest can be done only until level 14, I dont know if there should be any way to fulfill it.

Always did it with 3 good amulets, one of those was the poisoning one.

My best guess was staying in the water, since that is actually the only option for the indian not to onetap you (yes I know if youre between him and the others, he wont shoot most of the time) - but his high health regen didnt let the musketeer kill him, especially because you have to be kind of close to the beach so that the musketeer can even hit the indian, and the indian can shoot his stuff while he is shoulderdeep in the water^^

Some answers on the net were something like dodge the grenades - mightve been possible on earlier versions, but atm its just insta shot, hit, and kill.

So if anyone has any advice regarding that, there will possibly a lot of players which could use help here^^

Edit: I did it, though it was purely abuse of behavior and couldnt be the way its intended. Ive gone into the water, swimmed there as long until the helpers appeared, and tried to pull as many of those to Clod so he has their aggro. Then I equipped a musket and stood next to my musket helper - and together we just shot the swimmers. One after one came close, but luckily the indian was pulled back everytime by clod so he couldnt fire. Clod still died since he fought Gregoire for, I dont know, about 10 seconds. Ive read on forums that Clod could take on Gregoire - dunno which magic happened there for those players, but those texts were years old, so it mightve been that way in the past.

All in all I needed around 20-30 tries with doing a kinda perfect and game abusive strategy, so I really hope theres a more legit way :D

Last edited:
Something else that came up for me was the weird camera behavior which happens if you stay in the water for a while or go into a border. Yes, I can understand that the camera has to match to the situation, but that doesnt explain why it would be inside the enemies stomach and you cant even see their arms moving^^

Is there any setting I mightve forgot here?

Something else that came up for me was the fight during the final lesson. The last fight is just simply impossible, because the indian will always onehit you or the 2 helpers - and since the quest can be done only until level 14, I dont know if there should be any way to fulfill it.

Always did it with 3 good amulets, one of those was the poisoning one.

My best guess was staying in the water, since that is actually the only option for the indian not to onetap you (yes I know if youre between him and the others, he wont shoot most of the time) - but his high health regen didnt let the musketeer kill him, especially because you have to be kind of close to the beach so that the musketeer can even hit the indian, and the indian can shoot his stuff while he is shoulderdeep in the water^^

Some answers on the net were something like dodge the grenades - mightve been possible on earlier versions, but atm its just insta shot, hit, and kill.

So if anyone has any advice regarding that, there will possibly a lot of players which could use help here^^

Edit: I did it, though it was purely abuse of behavior and couldnt be the way its intended. Ive gone into the water, swimmed there as long until the helpers appeared, and tried to pull as many of those to Clod so he has their aggro. Then I equipped a musket and stood next to my musket helper - and together we just shot the swimmers. One after one came close, but luckily the indian was pulled back everytime by clod so he couldnt fire. Clod still died since he fought Gregoire for, I dont know, about 10 seconds. Ive read on forums that Clod could take on Gregoire - dunno which magic happened there for those players, but those texts were years old, so it mightve been that way in the past.

All in all I needed around 20-30 tries with doing a kinda perfect and game abusive strategy, so I really hope theres a more legit way :D
If you have completed the Final Lesson it is quite an achievement, I couldn't at the time, with your strategy for the next one I will try.

Back