• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Random Structures in Hispaniola Jungle

Deoradain

Landlubber
Build 14 Beta 3.4: 12 Feb 2015

Storyline: Brave Black Flag
start year: 1704
current year: 1705
allegiance: pirates

In some of the jungles outside the Spanish fort on Hispaniola there are objects that show up in the jungle that shouldn't be there. They are mostly buildings and plants and they can be walked through. All the correct objects seem to be there, these are simply loading in addition to the jungle.

First picture is some type of building showing where only a tree should be. The building can be walked through but the tree cannot. I got to this jungle by docking on the far east side of Hispaniola where no sand shows from sea and walking past the beach area.
tree morphed with lighthouse.jpg

The second picture is an area of the jungle where many random buildings appear. The center shack I cannot walk through but all other buildings I can walk through. This is one load screen away from the jungle in picture one.
randomness.jpg

I have a savegame but I don't know how to upload it here. This is what it says when I try to upload my savegame:
The following error occurred:
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

The savegame file as I see it does not have an extension showing.

Attachments

• compile.log
    9.3 KB · Views: 83
  • system.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 104
Those are just the BuildingSet additions. Reason for them being there is to make the locations a bit more unique from the stock game ones.
Visit Speightstown port and talk to the owner of the shack there on the beach. He can explain it all.

I think there is a general toggle in the Options>Advanced Options menu to disable all such structures throughout the game.

Ah, yes, you are right. They do make it more unique I suppose, but knowing I can walk through them is annoying. Thanks again Pieter :)

I suppose this thread can be deleted now.

Ah, yes, you are right. They do make it more unique I suppose, but knowing I can walk through them is annoying.
Yes, it is a shame. We've tried before to improve on that, but none of our attempts ever succeeded.
I always say: "It is either a weird BuildingSet mod or NO BuildingSet mod."
I prefer having it as it does offer a lot of potential. :cheeky

I suppose this thread can be deleted now.
Marked as "Not a Bug". :doff

We are still trying to find a way for them so you can't walk trough but it's hard....

Back