• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Realism vs Fun and Trade Missions (12.1)

Claw

Landlubber
First of all I have to say, that I don't know if there's a change in build 13 for the following points, but I'ver found nothing about here.

As some of you know, I'm actually playing 12.1 and I like it a lot. New quests, better skins for persons, a whole bunch of ships (nearly to much for me) etc. But there's a small thing, where I'm not sure if it's an improved. If you're doing a little legal business, there's often only one good, which is exported on the island you start and imported on the island you want to go. But if you sell much of one good on an island, you get less money from ship to ship. It may be realistic, but cause you have no alternative (choose between three or four goods with a different amount of benefit), I don't like it really. So I think, there should be a more comlex trading list or fix prices for a load. I don't have to fill 4 big vessels with one or more profitable goods, but as long as I have only two class 2 vessels, there should be a chance to make some profit with loading the second one. Lately I took sugar from Conceicao to Isla Muelle, making about 5 gold/unit profit for the 1st vessel, but then the price goes down an I had bought the sugar from the second vessel for nothing, and that I don't like.

Another one is doing trade missions. It's ok that all my loading space is used, when I take such a misson. But it's not ok, that goods I've bought before transfered between my ships. Lately I got a sea fight and was totally surprised, that I didn't had any bombs on my ship. I survived and had to notice, that all the bombs were transfered to my second vessel, obviously just to get one more unit of something with me.

Back