• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Recruitment. Quest writing, gameplay ideas, ship suggestions

Panda9903

Landlubber
Hello, I am new to Pirates Ahoy!, but I would like to help in the making of the game "Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas".

I have no experience with modelling, textures etc.. but I have tons of great ideas for the game, also I will search for historical ships, ship types, ship data.... I would also like to help with the quest writing and game play feature ideas (i.e mini games, puzzles, interacting with the game world), and some weapon suggestions.

Thank you for your time on reading this.

PS:I will try to learn what and how to use UDK (or whatever the name was).

Not trying to be pessimistic, but do you have any programming experience, at all?

You are going to be a drowning drowning fish in UDK if that is your first time using a full-blown SDK, especially with no programming experience.

Otherwise, I'm sure all your ideas and research will be very beneficial!

If you really do want to use UDK/learn programming, let us know and we can find you some beginners programming tutorials perhaps. :)

Welcome aboard, glad to see your enthusiasm! If you are willing to learn how to do concrete development of the game that would be very helpful. Quest writing and ideas shape what we want the game too be, but it is always appreciated when someone wants to help bring those ideas into being.

What kind of research materials do you have for ships? The internet is more often inaccurate than it is correct when it comes to that topic.

I have a site that has ship plans from England, they are all accurate and are original images as far authenticity is concerned, I'd also like to help, given I'm only good at research and ideas, but I have a strong liking for the era and have done mods before. If anyone plays or has played Silent hunter 4, if they know the Astute mod, she was mine. I can find just about anything online, I have countless images of different ships from the era and also artworks. Let me know if there is anything you want me to do :)

Back