• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Redesigned Main Page

there's a main page? :))

you know, the forum should have a button for going there.

It certainly does look better! Much more user friendly to navigate, as well. :keith
There's one button which takes you to that site: under 'General Naughtiness' on the forum main page, the link is 'Pirates Ahoy! News'.
Admittedly, it's not hugely obvious, though.

Yup, there is indeed a link where Armada says there is. Even if there wasn't, I would expect that it wouldn't be all that difficult to find. Although I did just notice that the News link in the menu bar isn't working. :facepalm

The two things that I don't like about it is the fact that we lost a couple of articles and all of the previous comments that were posted, and you have to sign up to the front page to be able to post comments, that's rather a bit annoying. I wish there was a more seamless way of integrating it with the forums, but I really have no clue how to do stuff like that. :shrug

Once you sign up though, you shouldn't run in to any problems posting like we were having with the Wordpress spam plugin occasionally.

Thanks Stal (I've made you a publisher so you can add articles :) )

Yeah, navigation on the WP site was poor at best.

Thag, I've always wanted a bridge for IPB and wP or joomla :( never could find one. There is a joomla/forum call kuena that I was thinking about using since we don't put that much traffic through the forum but the conversion would be a nightmare

True, I forgot about the older comments, I do think I got all the articles though. If you know which ones I'll manually bring them over.

Also with MK adding a story, I would like to make another section for this. I think it's fantastic people use their time to contribute and I would like to make it more centre stage.

Thanks Keith, the one that I know for sure got missed was my "Finally, Somebody Else Out There Gets It!, I thought there may have been another "On This Day.." as well, but I could be hallucinating on that as there were a couple that I started and then deleted.

I hadn't thought about looking for anything Joomla, I had been looking for an IPB plugin! :facepalm

It's just as well we stick with IPB for now though I think, it would be a lot of hassle and we would risk loosing some things with another conversion. There never really was a whole lot of comment activity on the front page anyway, a lot of it was just you and me! :wp

That "Finally, Somebody Else Out There Gets It!," is there. All the articles all went to a default PA! News section. I've been moving them to their correct area but it's all longhand :(

Also, when adding news and gallery's there are a few quirky things that have been added with widgets and the JCK text editor. Need to write something down about that later.

For everyone though, please add some short reviews of the games and let me know to add any other listings if you want to put other reviews up.

Thag, didn't you do a review of nitro's POBC ;)

Ahhh, ok, thanks Keith! Sorry mate, I was just looking at the main page, it didn't even occur to me to look in the backend! :facepalm

I'll go in and take a look and see how much more of it I can add. :dance

**EDIT**

I almost forgot, I am working on the review POBC ...just gotta find the time to do it!

Is there any way to edit your account details on the main page? Idiot here put my name in where it asked for it, and now, when I try to post anything, it won't list it as being published by Stallion. :urgh Rather, it lists it as being published by Jake, which is me, but I was hoping it would do the username as otherwise, nobody would know who the publisher is. xD:

Fixed! Sorry mate, I just noticed ...give me a break, I am old and slow! :?

Back