• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Redmond Crash

lukemax

Landlubber
Hi

I have installed Bulid 11 loaded a save game and it worked. However when i go to the port the whole game crashes. I have `re-installized` as soon as i loaded the game. Ive saved it then loaded again still the same thing.

Anyone else has this problem if so is there a cure?

Thanks
Luke

The Mod Helper is included in the "Tools" folder of PotC. Open it up and you should be able to start a game and the stop it - and get an error log that will help the coders find out what the problem is for you - and help fix it. :) :yes

-----------------------------------------------------------
Error summary
Error.log

Compile.log

System.log

Here is my system report

;) I think when the game crashes you will not get any error logs. xD:

Lukemax, did you install over your existing PotC that had build 10.1 installed? Or was it a clean new PotC install and the full build 11?

start a new game mate, but save yer old one just in case. see if that works, save ur new game on a new box in the save interface...then load it up and see what happens... ;)

Well i finally fixed it by `re-installing` everything and takeing off from my old save game. But what a ride!

Luke

lukemax said:
Well i finally fixed it by `re-installing` everything and takeing off from my old save game.
Yeah, I had to do that too - several times - when testing the new build. I really think there's something that is old and still left over from 10.1 that messes up everyone's game...

Glad ya got it fixed tho! :yes :p:

aye mates fer sure its worth de time tew do a clean install,I do 'at wid evey build,except build 11 an I 'ad problems,did a clean install an so far no probs. I had Rafes Weatherd Ships mod an a couple other small mods. :yes

It's the older mods that are causing the problems... Since the code has been changed, a lot of them need to be updated - especially if it's a ship mod... Dunno why I didn't think of that before. :yes

<ahem> ...More rum here, please! :p:

But I am still suffering from the Redmond Crash and I do have a clean Install! ;)
Perhaps it has something to do with the officer i hired there! :cheeky

Yeah, there's been sporadic trouble with hiring officers and _no_ error logged.
That _may_ mean it's an `Engine-side` bug we can't fix. May not though.

And-- :blah: I've been using the same save tree since build 10.0 xD:
But clean start _is_ recommended, oh yes.

Back