• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm "Redmond" Island Shore Locations Not Initialized

@ANSEL: Huh, what's wrong with them???
This:Redmond locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name#. Center.";Guadeloupe locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name# Port"; Eleuthera locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name# Port.";
I install this file yesterday, so now my game wont work right. Do you have the right location_init file?

This:Redmond locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name#. Center.";Guadeloupe locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name# Port"; Eleuthera locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name# Port.";
I didn't change those lines and that looks perfectly normal.
The files I uploaded are directly from my own game version and I am having no problems in my game.

Do you have any .log files that make mention of your issues?
If not, any change of a screenshot? At the moment I'm rather confused on this one.... :confused:

Here it comes: I cant go to Port Royal because of this seadogs2_0000.jpg
Do you have any .log files that make mention of your issues?
If not, any change of a screenshot? At the moment I'm rather confused on this one.... :confused:

Attachments

• error.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 174
  • compile.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 165
Here it comes: I cant go to Port Royal because of this

We had this bug in the past:
Fixed - Period information not showing right in sea and spyglass interface | PiratesAhoy!

What I remember from back then is that it doesn't have anything to do with the location init files though.
Islands_init.c, yes. But that hasn't been edited since January. :confused:

I did a very quick check on this using a new Free Play game as Nelson, but could not confirm it.
So please post also a savegame.

This is what I found:Udklip.PNG
Savegame is coming.
Ps. this is the Ardent storyline.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4 KB · Views: 164
  • -=Player=- Open Sea August 3rd, 1691.zip
    696.6 KB · Views: 275
That's not coming from anything in "Location_Init.zip". Those files refer to locations within a town. For some reason your game is failing to correctly process "PROGRAM\ISLANDS\Islands_init.c", which is where reloads from sea are defined. "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Redmond.c contains the line 'locations[n].id.label = "#stown_name# port";', whereas "PROGRAM\ISLANDS\Islands_init.c" has 'rIsland.reload.l1.label = "#stown_name# Port";' - note the capital "P" in "Port" as shown on the screenshot.

Incidentally, if you install the version of "Ardent" from the link posted here, you'll need to start a new game if you want to try marriage. If you don't start anew, it won't cause the error you encountered here, but a couple of new items have been defined and won't show up in a game which was started in an earlier version in which they didn't exist.

Incidentally, if you install the version of "Ardent" from the link posted here, you'll need to start a new game if you want to try marriage. If you don't start anew, it won't cause the error you encountered here, but a couple of new items have been defined and won't show up in a game which was started in an earlier version in which they didn't exist.
I think F11 should make those new items appear on a savegame as well, no?

The entire "Redmond_Port" location doesn't exist in your game! :shock

Locations are initialized in the following order:
Code:
     n = CreateGameLocations(n, "FalaiseDeFleur");     ReloadProgressUpdate();
     n = CreateGameLocations(n, "Redmond");         ReloadProgressUpdate();
     n = CreateGameLocations(n, "IslaMuelle");       ReloadProgressUpdate();
The "FalaiseDeFleur Head_port_house" works and so does the "IslaMuelle Muelle_port".
However, nothing exists inbetween these two, which means the entirety of the Redmond shore locations are missing from your game.

The only way that might be possible is if there was a terrible syntax error in PROGRAM\Locations\init\Redmond.c that would prevent it from working.
But it would have to be not so bad to make the game itself fail. This would have to be wrong at the time the New Game was started as that is when the locations are initialized.

@ANSEL: I cannot replicate your error on a New Game of my own, nor in @Grey Roger's Ardent savegame that I had for testing those Indians.
Please upload your own copy of PROGRAM\Locations\init\Redmond.c so that I can check if there's something different compared to my version.

Here it is:
Identical to my version. Then I really have no clue what happened to you.

All I can suggest right now is to start a New Game again and visit Jamaica immediately to see if it works normally then.

I have now done a complete new install. But now I have lost all recent updates
I have done lately, what do I need to be a jour?

I have now done a complete new install. But now I have lost all recent updates
I have done lately, what do I need to be a jour?
You're up-to-date to 22 May 2016? It is probably easiest to just wait for me to make another installer.
I want to make one soon, but cannot make any guarantees on the exact date. My wrist is being rather obnoxious this past week.

You can update your install manually by downloading individual updates from the "New Content: Post Build 14 Beta 4.0 Public Release" thread. The first post in there which is later than 22nd May is Post 33, which is my update for the "Assassin" storyline. You can skip post 38, which is minor updates to "Ardent", because they're included in the major update to "Ardent" linked from Post 39. That ought to work on top of a 22nd May install because that's what I'm playing. :D (Part of that update is the revised reward for the "Inca Temple" quest and a couple of locations on Isla Mona being locked, both as a result of your feedback - thanks, keep the reports coming! :onya)

Good point, @Grey Roger. My brain isn't functioning quite right anymore today, I think, so I completely forgot about that. :facepalm

Of course I've been a lazy twit so that all fixes I made myself aren't actually posted in that thread.
Mainly because that thread is a reminder for myself to add other people's stuff and I don't need to remember stuff I already did.... :oops:

Back