• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Redmond missing its governor and shipwright.

L0M3N

Sailor
I have beaten Curse of the Black Pearl questline and ran away from the Dauntless in the Pearl at the end.
I did some random stuff, and later when I visited Redmond to try and talk to the governor and make Britain not hate me he was not there. Also the guy in the shipyard is not there either. I made sure it was daytime.
So two of the most important NPC's on Redmond are missing. I can't really be based out of Redmond without a governor for missions and a shipyard to repair me. So any help would be appreciated. I am running build 14 beta 1 patch 3.1.

I thought this had been fixed. :shrug

See bug tracker post :-> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=240&view=findpost&p=1563

I know Capt. Maggee and I discussed this a lot to find where the bug was occuring -- but I can't find the thread that contains the posts. :modding

From what I can remember I think it was after you hire Mr Gibbs on Tortuga in the "Steal the interceptor" line of the story in CotBP.

If you did the help the Turks Pirates with Norrington option then everything was ok -- I think

:drunk

Looking at the code, Jamaica shipwright Roger Murray is removed for the blacksmith (=shipyard) fight with Will Turner,
but restored as soon as you're thrown in prison. As such, he shouldn't ever be observed missing. :shock

The governors are a different story, because they keep moving all over the place.
The story starts with Governor Brin, who then moves to several places for the story and might occasionally not be in his townhall.
Then Weatherby Swann takes over, who then also moves to several places for the story and is, I think, also not properly restored afterwards.
I think we'd need to go through all governor moving code and make sure that after the quest scenes,
they return back to their mansion WITH the regular dialog restored.

Looking at the code, Jamaica shipwright Roger Murray is removed for the blacksmith (=shipyard) fight with Will Turner,
but restored as soon as you're thrown in prison. As such, he shouldn't ever be observed missing. :shock

Just checked this in Beta 1 patch 3.1 - Did steal the interceptor option in CotBP - then hired Mr Gibbs on Tortuga & sailed back to Port Royale.

No Governor or shipyard owner. :no

The town was also virtually deserted ( only 1 or 2 people walking arround at mid-day ) :shock

I remember discussing this previously with Capt. Maggee - ( but as in previous post I can't find the thread it was in - it was sometime in Feburary 2010 - arround the same time as I originally reported missing shipyard owner & governor on the bug tracker).

I think the deserted town problem was something to do with vskip or vcskip or something like that :shrug
& I am sure Capt. Maggee did or was doing a fix for it.

:cheers

EDIT:

Just had alook at quests_reaction.c & the code is there to put Weatherby Swann & Roger Murray back after J Sparrow put in prison. :eek:k

Code:
case "In_the_Clink2":
LAi_SetPlayerType(pchar);
LAi_ActorAnimation(characterfromID("Port Guard"), "attack_2", "", 0.0);
PlaySound("OBJECTS\duel\punch1.wav");
LAi_QuestDelay("Swann_put_me_in_prison", 1.0);
break;

case "Swann_put_me_in_prison":
LAi_SetStunnedTypeNoGroup(PChar);
//ChangeCharacterAddress(characterfromID("Roger Murray"),"sit", "sit_1");
LAi_QuestDelay("Swann_put_me_in_prison2", 2.0);
Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_shipyard")].vcskip = true;
break;

case "Swann_put_me_in_prison2":
DoQuestReloadToLocation("Redmond_prison", "goto", "goto9", "prepare_Swann_prison_complete");
RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE);
RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE);
EnableEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE, false);
EnableEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE, false);
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterfromID("Edgar Attwood"),"none", "");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Will Turner"),"Redmond_prison", "goto", "goto22");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Eng_soldier_5"),"Redmond_prison", "goto", "goto23");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Will Turner"));
Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_prison")].vcskip = true;

ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Weatherby Swann"), "redmond_residence", "goto", "goto8");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Port Guard"), "none", "", "");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Roger Murray"),"Redmond_shipyard", "sit", "sit1");
break;

case "prepare_Swann_prison_complete":
locations[FindLocation("Redmond_port")].reload.l4.disable = false;
locations[FindLocation("Redmond_port")].reload.l5.disable = 0;
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Laurence Wellman"), "none", "");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Morris Murtogg"), "none", "");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Malvert Mullroy"), "none", "");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("James Norrington"), "none", "");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Weatherby Swann"), "none", "");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Elizabeth Swann"), "none", "");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Eng_soldier_5"));
LAi_ActorGoToLocator(characterFromID("Eng_soldier_5"), "goto", "goto23", "Edgar_for_Black_Pearl_attack", -1);
Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_prison")].vcskip = true;
break;

case "Edgar_for_Black_Pearl_attack":
RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE);
RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE);
EnableEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE, false);
EnableEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE, false);
pchar.quest.Turner = "Another_night_in_Jail";
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Eng_soldier_5"));
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Eng_soldier_5")].Dialog.Filename = "Port Guard_dialog.c";
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Eng_soldier_5")].dialog.currentnode = "inprison_blackpearlattack";
LAi_ActorDialogNow(characterFromID("Eng_soldier_5"), pchar, "", -1);
break;

case "waiting_for_Turner":
SetNextWeather("Black Pearl Fight");
bMainMenuLaunchAfterVideo = true;
PostVideoAndQuest("BlackPearl", 100, "Skeleton Crew Arrive");

So why it is not working :shrug

What happens if you execute that code through the console? Does that restore them or still not?

And indeed a .vcskip attribute for the location would make it nearly deserted.
That attribute is supposed to be removed afterwards!

Can you post these ones on the Bug Tracker and I'll look into them later...

What happens if you execute that code through the console? Does that restore them or still not?

And indeed a .vcskip attribute for the location would make it nearly deserted.
That attribute is supposed to be removed afterwards!

Can you post these ones on the Bug Tracker and I'll look into them later...

Posted on Bug Tracker see : http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=240&view=findpost&p=2776

has partial fix

and

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=445&view=findpost&p=2777

Back