• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

reduce the crew?

BlackDev

Landlubber
if i remember the starting ship has a crew of 106. but if i see it in 3d, there about 6 men working on it, and its hard to imagine there 106 men in this little ship.

so, is there a way to reduce maximum of the crew?
(that the npcs have the same size of the crew)

Its possible to change this in two ways actually,

either editting the number of npc's shown in 3d (which might stress your pc a bit more not to mention that it will make your ship very crowded)

or editting the max crew needed for a ship directly.

You can change either of the two in the same file: "Program\ships\ship_init"

<u>For max/min crew needed:</u>

refShip.MaxCrew = number; //sailing crew
refShip.MinCrew = number;

<u>or for appearance on the ship:</u>

refShip.lowpolycrew = number;

There is only one downside though, seeing your editting an init file, you'll have to start a new game for it to work.

<!--quoteo(post=167718:date=Oct 15 2006, 10:17 PM:name=BlackDev)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackDev @ Oct 15 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]167718[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
i cant find this file... where can i find it?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you have installed the super mod 1.1 and have the updates 1 and 2 it will be in the directory of name " program " inside the directory you have installed the game normaly " \Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales".

Don't know if this helps or if you have figured it out since it's been a while from the date of the last post.

Back