• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Better pricing and more wares

nightwatcher

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hi there ;) ,

have you experianced the following:

You buy somewhere mahagoni because it is marked as export and then you go on a voyage
to sell it somewhere. But in all stores you find, you dont get the expected sellingprice to
make any profit. Also they have mahagoni as import marked!

And this is an silly example with an expensive good. :facepalm

This mod edit the behavior of the pricing in stores by altering the buy and sell range.
Additionaly i raised the amount of goods available in stores, so you are able to buy a full
hold of a desired good.

The balancing is beta, so tell me what you think.

Download:

actual Version: v.1.2
You can download it on ftp.pyratesahoy.com\nightwatcher\MoreWaresv.1.2.zip

cu NW

Interesting mod i will check it out Nightwatcher. :onya

What i normally do is do merchant runs from the start till i can afford a Caravel after i buy that ship i start looking for routes, i try to load up with gold, silver, ebany, sandalwood, mahagony etc etc, and i sell obviously at the highest going rates. For example if Saint John's has plenty of gold or silver i will pick up as much as i can and take it to say Charlestown, i will continue to do this till either Saint John's runs out of gold and/or silver or the price at Charlestown is no longer profitable. If the price drops drastically enough to re-purchase the gold/silver from Charlestown then i do so and sell it all or as much as i can to another profitable town. I have only ever been able to do this a few times and it took a very long time for the town i was selling the goods to, to drop there prices low enough for me to make any profit out of them. With this goods shouldn't be so hard to come across, i think personally though all export goods at there respective towns should be increased that way you can't just sail into a town and load up with goods that are not export meteral and continue to do so because then it will take the simulation side of the game out and the difficulty factors of making money early on will be so easy etc etc.

Hi Luke, i hope you like it.

After further testing i decided to lower the quantities.(Backwards, I think it was a bit over the top.)
The Cannons are more expencive now and contrabant is a bit less profitable in v.1.1 as it was in v.1

I test this with a level 18 Char. Trading is at level 52.

the new vesion lies on the FTP with v.1.1 marked.

cu NW

Yes there was alot of of goods available which made it easy to pick a good and go off and trade however it wasn't so easy back in the day. Like repairing the ships it took weeks for ships to be repaired and even then it depended on the access to the meterals needed, some shipyards would have to wait for delivery of those goods before work could continue on some ships. I will look at version 1.1 later on tonight after i've finished doing the final touches to the current combined mod. :onya

Mates, I hate how the towns run out of food. Also after they've been sacked by an enemy fleet there's a poor selection of anything for a very long time. It doesn't seem like they ever recover even after years of gameplay. I hate that. Will this mod fix that? I never minded the exhorbitant price on certain goods. I think that reflects a realistic market if they were hard to get. Also I like that your commerce skills plays into the equation so that as you advance the better profits you can make. We need a balance. We don't want it to be Monte Hall givaways. But the food thing is a real pain in the ass. :modding

MK

Mates, I hate how the towns run out of food. Also after they've been sacked by an enemy fleet there's a poor selection of anything for a very long time. It doesn't seem like they ever recover even after years of gameplay. I hate that. Will this mod fix that? I never minded the exhorbitant price on certain goods. I think that reflects a realistic market if they were hard to get. Also I like that your commerce skills plays into the equation so that as you advance the better profits you can make. We need a balance. We don't want it to be Monte Hall givaways. But the food thing is a real pain in the ass. :modding

MK

Hi hai, :rolleyes:

actually food is handeled the same way as other wares (of type ammunition), but i can edit it easily to have it the doubleed amount in stock.....

Give me 10 min. and there is an v.1.2 on the FTP with doubleed food in stores.

cu NW

Actually i think the food and rum lack is the "natural way" to keep the player from building a freaking army :dance
Say 4 1k crew MOW'S... 4k soldiers to raid a city... and if you actually merge the 8 ships mod... whell... that's some budget and you'll be virtually unstoppable at sea or land...
LET THE SLAY BEGIN !!!

@NC: Are you sure about the download link ? doesn't work for me...

But in my opinion it is really annoying to have food marked as contraband. Sometimes I ran out of food when sailing around in the bottom right corner because in the english colonies there is not enough food for two ships and about 500 sailors. And those though sailors starve really fast. I think everyone could survive without food for one or two days... And those damn npcs have nearly no food on their ships, so you can't board pirates for their food and rum supplies. If that could be changed, I would be a happier man :keith

I have already found the file Islands_init where I can change the way the goods are flagged Import/Export/Contraband (I think there will be more slave trade in the caribbean :whipa ) but in which file is the quantity of the goods stored?

But in my opinion it is really annoying to have food marked as contraband. Sometimes I ran out of food when sailing around in the bottom right corner because in the english colonies there is not enough food for two ships and about 500 sailors. And those though sailors starve really fast. I think everyone could survive without food for one or two days... And those damn npcs have nearly no food on their ships, so you can't board pirates for their food and rum supplies. If that could be changed, I would be a happier man :keith

I have already found the file Islands_init where I can change the way the goods are flagged Import/Export/Contraband (I think there will be more slave trade in the caribbean :whipa ) but in which file is the quantity of the goods stored?

Yes editing the quantity of goods and types of goods the AI carry would be nice since they alway's seem to be able to fire broadsides for hours yet in most of my battles when capturing the ships they hardly ever had more than enough ammo and/or powder to fire broadsides for more than 5 hours. :shrug

The file your looking for is initStore located in Age of Pirates 2\Program\STORE. :onya

Back