• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Complete Sailor's Guide to Privateering (GoF)

Does this MOD also affects the aztecs coins which should give you -20 luck? I kinda do not get any negative effect by taking them from a chest.

While talking about these coins... should I leave them behind or take them and get rich?

This removes all stat bonuses from all vanilla items except for the special outfits. The descriptions should reflect this in game. In my editing recently I noted that some items giving stat bonuses have apparently been added since this mod was written, but I do not know what those items are, nor have I ever seen them while playing. If you're not getting a negative bonus, you may as well take and sell them! Many item values were increased in order to offset the loss if bonuses and make items more interesting as loot.

In this case I think the "bonus" should stay, since these are the cursed coins from the movie. In some other thread I read about they becoming a part of some quest, but that post was written a long time ago. I did not find anything else related to these coins.

You can find them in the aztec temple from the Tenochtitlan Quest. Inside of this town, there are two smaller buildings between the pyramids. In each of these building you will find a staircase down to water. Both lead to an underwater labyrinth, where you have to hurry to get through the labyrinth not to drown. Then you will enter the temple of life inside of these cage things you can see, when you are entering this temple when doing the Tenochtitlan Quest. (when looking at the jade skull, take a look to the right and left, there are these chests behind these stone bars) Using the left labyrinth will lead you to the chest with these coins. The right one is empty.

since these are the cursed coins from the movie
Ah, but this isn't a PotC game, is it? :)

Note: those coins and several other PotC items were added in GoF. Unless they were modded in poorly (it's possible), their modifiers should be working. None of them serve any purpose, however. I'll look into it when I get my laptop back.

Glad to hear you got it working with 1.1.2! :onya

If your bored and looking for a new project, we could use some of your mad programing skillz HERE! :wp

Back