• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release [REL] Underwater fix

Imperial

The landlubber
Storm Modder
Screenshot is attached.

This bug will be present in jungle, fort, and sometimes even city scenes.
This bug is present after that you update GoF with the 1.2.9 patch. I think that someone 'lighted' the .tga file way too much, and it looks rather nasty.

Update: The following will fix the sand and reef issue.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/Underwater%20fix.7z

Attachments

• texture bug.png
    texture bug.png
    4 MB · Views: 274
It's possible thats been around since GoF! 1.0. I replaced the sand texture for when your underwater with something more realistic akin to sand underwater in the Caribbean.

Easy fix:

Replace the texture with the original.

Hard fix:

Using the GM viewer and a hex editor, determine all instances of the texture appearing, get the original texture, give it a new name then hex edit the instances where the game requests the texture and replace it with the newly named texture.

I don't have access to my PC at the moment so I cant send you the file, though I'm sure someone else can help.

Well, I'm sure it looks great underwater but I didn't realize that texture was used so widely throughout the game outside of being a ground texture for being underwater.

When I do have access to my PC I might go via the hard route and fix all the instances of underwater sand texture being used on the top side.

I am having the same problem with the rock texture by Bermuda.

Rock by bermuda.jpg

Just install the game again in a different location on your hard drive and get the original textures from there.

Did anyone ever get the original files for the sand and the rock texture?
dunno.gif

And I have a quiz for you all. What is wrong with the picture below?
keith.gif

What is wrong with this picture.jpg

Never saw a Corvette with +2000 men and considered rate 1 too... weird *laughs*. Is that what you mean with the quiz?

Lol.
24.gif
Is it hard to put the ships stuff in the re-int function?

Does no one else have the texture problems pointed out above?
dunno.gif

Craiggo have you added ships and continued a savegame?

Because that is most likely the reason for this problem.

Craiggo have you added ships and continued a savegame?

Because that is most likely the reason for this problem.

Yes, I have. So I started a new game. AGAIN!
modding.gif
So is the life of a modder, huh? I will never get anywhere in the game I swear.

About those textures that OP edited that are all screwed up, has anyone a clean un-modded install of the game of which we could restore the decent textures again?

Yep as a rule i never normally pass rank 15 before a new game is required. :modding

And yes i do have the stock game installed unmoddied which i use for fresh installs, ie. Installed COAS into default directory, made a folder on the desktop for GOF and then copied the intire COAS folder from the main directory and pasted it into the folder i created on the desktop and when ever i need to do a fresh install i do the same and have done since the serious work started in the combined mods.

So exactly what do you need and where can i find it (TGA's not been my field) so not sure where to find things.

Back