• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

remapping keys?

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
Is there a quick way to delete all the previously mapped out key bindings (the default ones) Whenver I try to change a key it always says the key is in use.

Also, the UI for AOP has been a real let down, Seadogs UI was miles ahead....

Glad you finally got your hands on it Keith! The UI does take a bit of getting used to, but it is much better than what was in stock POTC. I don't know a quick way to redefine the keys, the only way I could figure out was just go through and try and find one that wasn't assigned and change the key that you want to use to that one, then go back and change the other key to the one you want ...a real pain. I just left it on the defaults and adjusted for it. You might be able to change it in the "options" file, but that looked just as confusing to me.

The Russians really did a good job wit this one as far as content goes, they packed quite a LOT in there! It is pretty tough starting out though, especially the Peter Blood storyline. But that one is well worth the challenge as you get some pretty good stuff if you make it through. :onya

Yep COAS has a great base structor to it and when POTC builds are ported over it will be even better.

I would suggest looking in Age of Pirates 2\Program\Controls those files in there should allow you to redifine what each key does what, then change them to what ever you want. I haven't edited anything in there so i don't know if it'll work but that would be where i would start if i was to reconfigure the key assignments, just backup the whole file before editing anything just incase. :onya

Also a new game will be required since two of those files are init files.

Thanks luke, found the control but this is a bit of a joke.

Being a lefty I use all the arrow keys to move, now it's telling me left and reight arrow are in use, but they are not!

Yes it seems you can only have the arrow key's assigned to either 3rd person or world map not both :modding I'm a righty but i use my left hand to control the ship and i would much rather use the arrow key's then the WASD key's, hopefully this can all be fixed through the config files for the controls.:shrug

oops, that was a quick reply luke, I deleted my post when I thought I found a way to remap it. But no..

LOL. :razz

Does the Dpad reffer to the arrows or is that reffering to a joypad?

I'm guessing its the arrows because there are no referances to the arrows other than the Dpad. :shrug

Back