• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Repairs at sea

yg103

Landlubber
I noticed that whenever I have sailcloth and planks in my cargo and my ship takes damage, the sails get fixed and I lose sailcloth but the hull always remains as damaged as it has been and the amount of planks doesn't change... that is untill I reload the game. Whenever I reload the game, the ship gets repaired instantly (not always completely - depending on the amount of sailcloth and planks I have).

I noticed this when a few times I rammed an enemy ship, while my hull's health is low, and boarded it. Then after winning the battle my ship sunk immediately (becase of the damage taken in the collision). I reloaded the autosave and voila: my ship was healthier and I survived the collision.

As I understood the hull repair works only if he ship has left with less then 70% hull (with all the repair perks and 10 skill points). Withut them it is maybe under 50%. The sail repair seems unlimited.
Of course nothign about this is said in the manual.

Back