• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Reputation decreasing

STARk7

Sailor
My reputation is getting worse and worse and I don't know why,I just spent a night in a tavern and my reputation changed from swindler to bloody terror.Most of the time I'm traveling between islands.I'm not attacking anyone,it happens all the time and it's really boring talking to people 2-3 days just to increase it to neutral.I'm sure there's a logical explanation but I just don't know what is causing it...

Which version of the game are you playing?

Check your questbook and ship's log - perhaps they have some clue as to what is going on.

Next time you lose reputation without any clear reason, could you post "compile.log"? Loading a recent savegame and then posting the log won't work; you need to have been playing, lost reputation, and then post the log, which may then contain a clue as to what happened to cause the reputation loss.

Here you go,I don't think that this is random it changed at 00:00

Attachments

• compile.log
    25.2 KB · Views: 135
I can't see anything in "compile.log" which could cause reputation loss, but it does tell me that you're using the 2nd April 2016 version of Beta 4. This is obsolete and certainly contains plenty of bugs, though I can't see anything about reputation loss in old bug reports dating back to that time.

The best thing to do would be to get the most up to date version of the game from here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 31 August 2017][Beta 27 March 2018]

And then you'll need to start a new game because this version won't recognise any savegames from April 2016.

I already downloaded that but I'm not ready to start a new game yet because I play it for some time now.Is there a way to change my reputation to neutral?also what actions could cause reputation loss like this? Could something like not paying back to loanshark cause this?

For reputation, edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". Go right down to the bottom and set "ENABLE_CHEATMODE" to 1. Run the game, make sure your keyboard's "Num Lock" light is on, and press numeric keypad 7.

I believe failing to pay back a loanshark may indeed cause reputation loss.

Thanks

Thing is when I open a questbook there's only one loanshark quest and I have 4 more days to pay him back,but I'm pretty sure that I borrowed money from more than one loanshark

Check your ship's log. Look for entries about towns you have visited.

There may indeed only be one questbook entry; if you take out another loan, it may scrap the previous questbook entry before writing the latest one.

But I suspect that if you're late enough to cause reputation loss then you're also late enough that the loansharks will no longer be satisfied with a cash repayment, in which case you're stuck with this problem permanently...

Back