• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Reputation loss after free-aiming

Derfuhrer18

Landlubber
First of all, I want to thank you guys for putting this much effort into making this game really awesome!

I'm currently playing the Build 14 Beta 4 WIP and maybe it is my most stable playthrough yet. However I just noticed, whenever I'm free aiming at ships and manually shoot at them, my reputation drops by 15 points. This only occurs when I'm free aiming and the crosshair turns red before I shoot. If it still is yellow, but still hit the ship, my reputation won't drop. Auto aiming doesn't give me this problem either. I tried to recreate this on a few occassions against several enemy ships, all those times it happened.

I'm not flying false flags, have a LoM and the ships I shoot at are from hostile nations. To me it's not a big problem. I can use the cheats to bring my reputation back up and usually only use auto-aim. I just thought you guys might want to look into this.

Attachments

• compile.log
    30.7 KB · Views: 88
  • error.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 116
  • system.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 91
  • -=Player=- Open Sea May 25th, 1633.7z
    562.4 KB · Views: 85
Ahoy there @Derfuhrer18.

This behaviour is something I simplified two months ago at most, so that should not be happening anymore.
However, it looks like your game version is outdated. A lot has changed by now, but not everything is fully ready for public release yet.
The most recent version is dated "24 Jan 2016" and can be found through the link in my signature.

Okay thanks I guess something went wrong at my side then. Last week I wondered if there was anything new in the build ( I think I haven't played for at least 8 months) then I saw a thread with a link to a WIP version and downloaded that.

Keep up the good work!

Back