• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] Battle replay

SuperChango

Common folk
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Hearts of Oak Donator
Hi guys, anyone tought about coding an external camera without losing the hability to shoot and sail ?... or better yet, a way to review the battle you just fought ?

Hey SuperChango, I simply use an external recording software application to record my best battles using a hotkey when things get good. I've got some really cool battles recorded that I've played for friends on the big screen using this type of software. Here's a couple links I'd recommend for you.

http://www.topshareware.com/ZD-Soft-Game-Recorder-download-43396.htm

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/fastcappro-game-recorder.htm

V/R AS

Hi MK, i meant something different, to that end i use fraps or camtasia, but i want to be able to review the battle so i can record it and focus on moving the camera around rather than the ship itself

So you're saying that during the replay you want to pan around the playbox 3rd person to view different aspects from any place and angle? The Total War series are the only games I know of that offer that at the tactical level in a sea battle venue. I wonder if that implementation could be adapted in COAS? That would be cool, but it sounds like a lot of pain.

V/R AS

Hi MK, i meant something different, to that end i use fraps or camtasia, but i want to be able to review the battle so i can record it and focus on moving the camera around rather than the ship itself

A migraine actually :cheeky
First i would need to teach the game to save the replay, then to play it back, and then to code a flyby camera...
I tought that maybe adding an external camera right next to the one that exists, but onbounded from the ship could work...
BTW, if i manage to actually save a replay... what i would like above any other proyect i may have (in CoAS) is to somehow export the objects, materials and coordinates into a format that blender can read in order to "re-render" that scene with an improved quality... that would be neat, then again, just the coordinates would do...

Back