• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REQ] English uniform?

morgwin

Sailor Apprentice
Hey mateys (long time)

Is it possible for me to edit one of the characters, so he looks like the English soldiers?.

A barrel of rum fer whoever 'elps!

Thank ye.

I guess so... but if another character uses the same texture/model too then not only the character you use has this uniform but all others sharing this model and texture will also have this change. If you pick a character which has a unique texture exclusively then this would not be an issue me thinks.

Like as example Beatrice Devlin though a decent amount of work would be needed to adjust her texture with the English soldier outfit... haven't looked into it.

The best way me thinks would be to create a new character that use the English soldier model/texture right from the start though I've got no clue how to do that.

Cheers
Joe Dagger

I'm on my notebook atm so I can't give exact instructions but I can say that you can edit the herodescribe which is in the resources folder. Pick a hero and change the following:

hero face
hero model
Probably hero name
hero animation

You'll have to dig into the files a bit to find out what face one of the English soldiers use. I think the portraits are in resources/textures/portraits. You'll need the texture viewer for this.

The model should be in resources/models. I think they are called sold_eng_x.

The name since I'm sure you'll want a custom name.

The animation the model uses, this can be tricky. I'm not entirely sure what animation they use, perhaps it's man, or man3, I don't know. I don't remember where the animations are located but when you find the folder, just test them out till you find the right one.

I'm on my notebook atm so I can't give exact instructions but I can say that you can edit the herodescribe which is in the resources folder. Pick a hero and change the following:

hero face
hero model
Probably hero name
hero animation

You'll have to dig into the files a bit to find out what face one of the English soldiers use. I think the portraits are in resources/textures/portraits. You'll need the texture viewer for this.

The model should be in resources/models. I think they are called sold_eng_x.

The name since I'm sure you'll want a custom name.

The animation the model uses, this can be tricky. I'm not entirely sure what animation they use, perhaps it's man, or man3, I don't know. I don't remember where the animations are located but when you find the folder, just test them out till you find the right one.

Works great, Thanks OfficerPuppy :)

Here's some rum,
20070201212839_Rum%20Barrel%20(Small).jpg

Back