• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help sail emblems in vanilla COAS

Davy_Shipwrecker

Landlubber
I have some very minor experience in modding vanilla COAS (all I know is how to edit some quests to fix the bugs in them and to mess around with the ships.init file). But one thing that always eluded me was how to have ships keep their sail emblems after capture. The main reason for this is so the Flying Dutchman can keep its tattered sails after capturing it. I know in the Ships.init file the Flying Dutchman's sails are labeled as a sail emblem so I was thinking if I could figure out how to have ships keep their emblems then maybe the Flying Dutchman can keep its tattered sails.

(I know in some mods the tattered sails stay but I want to keep my game vanilla for nostalgia reasons)

Hi! In order to keep the torn sails, open PROGRAM\quests\quests_reaction.c, find case "GhostShip_Dead", then the following lines:
Code:
sld = GetRealShip(sti(pchar.GenQuest.GhostShip.ShipType));
DeleteAttribute(sld, "EmblemedSails.normalTex");

Comment them out by putting // before each line or remove them.
This does not require a new game, but requires capturing the flying dutchman again.

Back