• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Saint John's Priest

jmaverick

Sailor
Hi, I don't know if this happened to someone else...I went to the church, in Antigua, in order to improve my relationship with England, so I offered my services to the priest and he asked me me to summon and kill some nasty ghosts living in the dungeon. Well, I went there, summoned and killed a number of skeletons, but I was not able to complete the task, since apparently there was still some ghost wandering...my men were in alert, the music used in action was alive, no way to escape....looked everywhere but no damn ghost...After a very long while I decided to quit. Is there a possibility of a glitch or bug? Strang thing is that ma men in the beginning of the action were 'active', they chased the skeleton, but at the end they were in alert, but standing, I was to search.........

I've never done these little quests. However read here: you may have suggestions
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//topic/13513-preparations-for-a-walkthrough/page__st__20

Evil Spirits Quest - Given by Priest (Random Side Quest)

The Priest of the local church will sometimes give your character a quest to clear the evil spirits from a nearby cave. To complete the quest, you need to enter the correct cave (check a map of the local area for all caves, or check this thread on Akella's forums for a map).
If you have entered the correct cave, your logbook should update when you spawn the skeletons by running into the glowing white light, and you won't be able to leave the cave (so bring plenty of potions and antidotes, stupid poison). Once you have slain all of the skeletons, your logbook should again update, and you can return to the priest for your reward.

Yep, my logbook was updated after summoning, but after that no other entry and it was impossible to leave the dungeon....i suppose some skeleton was hidden I don't know where.....I looked, I think, everywher, but wasn't able to find it. No help by my fighters. I decided to quit after a very long research. Pity.
By the way, have you found the Ascold's tablet? If yes, where?

there's a little bug there that's true. But you can finish this quest even if this bug is a little boring.
One skeleton appear behind the wall in one of these tunnel. It's in a dead end, behind a Mass of fallen rocks. If you turn the camera in front of these Mass of fallen rock you will see a part of his bar of life. One of your attack can touch him, and kill him. The attack who touch several enemy. With this attack you should be able to kill this skeleton and after that to leave this place.

and just because you talked about the tablet i remembered one thing : after you've open the tomb of Leif, you can't summon any more the skeleton in this cave (the ball of light disappear after the loading screen who occur when you open the tomb). But the priest of Basse Terre can always give the mission to clear this cavern. If you accept it you will not be hable to finish this quest,.

Thank you for the answer. Daf.fr I found the 'invisible' skeleton behind a dead end 'without' stones, just a wall of mud, with some wooden axis left there.A guess: does this happen in different spots? Anyway, the presence is shown by three clues: the skelton's cry (not always), the swinging of a sword, and, last but not least if you know the problem, a very small line of the life. The trick worked! I could have been running around like a blind kitte for a life, withgout realizing it!! A question for you, who seem to be one that's gone through the Askold quest.: the tablet: the clues are the deserted islands (in the caves), the Inca temple (inside it), the pearl divers village (which means the nearby cave. Now, the question is: which village (there are two of them): the one off Amatrice? Just this one? Thank you again.:

Sorry Mate, for two reason.

first, my english is not pretty good, but you find the "invisible" skeleton exactly where is always appeared in this dungeon. I tried to describe this dead end, but visibily not enough well. Finaly you find him so it's cool :onya he's always at the same place.
You can try to exploit an another bug now if you want (personally i never use it but it's up to you to see if you want or not use this bug) : you can talked again to the priest who give you the quest "evil spirit". Say again to him that you have fullfill his mission (to clear the dungeon) and your relation with the english nation will rise. As soon as you finished at least a faith this mission, you can take advantage at will of the bonuses "diplomatic" of this quest by announcing, again and again, to the priest that the mission is carried out.
And just for Gioco, that's to bad to don't try these quest. At the beginning of the game you can found some very very nice stuff here. It's difficult of course but you can choose where to try it (it's easier of course in some tiny cavern). To have the Cerber sword, or the spanish rapier at the beginning of the game is very useful ;)

and i'm sorry because personally i always found the tablet in the same place : the grotto of dominique. So i don't really know about the village or the inca's place. But, after doing the quest of Sharp, i can say that there are some "deserted" place in the main land to. one of the shore at the north of belize is considered like a deserted place (like cayman, turks etc.) Maybe there's another place in the main who are considered like that. I can't give more information about he tablet, i'm sorry.

But maybe it's impossible to find it with the combined mod. I finish this quest with the standard game. The modification of the items in the combined mod can create a bug with the tablet.... i don't really know, i just ask a question here.

The answers to this problem with the hidden skeleton are correct, but i thought i wanted to add a little extra.

daf.fr wrote..: One skeleton appear behind the wall in one of these tunnels. It's in a dead end, behind a Mass of fallen rocks. If you turn the camera in front of these Mass of fallen rock you will see a part of his bar of life.
This is true.
I dont know how to explain where excactly the dead end is but if you find the Exit in the tunnel with the ladder.... When you stand and look at the ladder then on your left you have some fallen rocks and on your right a long tunnel. Follow this tunnel to the end and turn left . Next continue until you see some fallen rocks/dirt and planks.... NOTISE that when you aproach you can hear someone behind the wall who make his sword ready to attack but only if you are at the correct place ( dead end with rocks )... if you do not hear this when you aproach the fallen rocks then you
are at the wrong place or you have not activated the gosts, by walking into the shining star that you can find somewhere in the tunnels.. Once you do this the skeletons will apear.

How to kill the hidden skeleton behind the "wall"
Someone els said make an attack that can hurt alot of people, there by he mean " hold LEFT SHIFT and press left mouse" then you will make a special attack that is the only one that can hit the skeleton behind the wall.
I did not know this my self until i searched for a solution to the "hidden skeleton"

Also I will share a screenshot that will show you the skeleton behind the wall. ( look at attachment, jpg file )

Attachments

• Nyt bitmapbillede.jpg
    Nyt bitmapbillede.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 279
The answers to this problem with the hidden skeleton are correct, but i thought i wanted to add a little extra.

daf.fr wrote..: One skeleton appear behind the wall in one of these tunnels. It's in a dead end, behind a Mass of fallen rocks. If you turn the camera in front of these Mass of fallen rock you will see a part of his bar of life.
This is true.
I dont know how to explain where excactly the dead end is but if you find the Exit in the tunnel with the ladder.... When you stand and look at the ladder then on your left you have some fallen rocks and on your right a long tunnel. Follow this tunnel to the end and turn left . Next continue until you see some fallen rocks/dirt and planks.... NOTISE that when you aproach you can hear someone behind the wall who make his sword ready to attack but only if you are at the correct place ( dead end with rocks )... if you do not hear this when you aproach the fallen rocks then you
are at the wrong place or you have not activated the gosts, by walking into the shining star that you can find somewhere in the tunnels.. Once you do this the skeletons will apear.

How to kill the hidden skeleton behind the "wall"
Someone els said make an attack that can hurt alot of people, there by he mean " hold LEFT SHIFT and press left mouse" then you will make a special attack that is the only one that can hit the skeleton behind the wall.
I did not know this my self until i searched for a solution to the "hidden skeleton"

Also I will share a screenshot that will show you the skeleton behind the wall. ( look at attachment, jpg file )

What about Guadeloupe? I picked up the same quest from the priest there to improve my relationship with the French at lvl 4, and after some difficult fights I managed to beat all the skeletons, but, surprise, the quest did not update. I red all your posts and searched around the cave for more than half an hour, and yet nothing. There's no pile of mud here and you can't get your camera to see through walls. The quest updated at summoning, but afterwards nothing, and now I keep hiting walls like some blind idiot without any result. I would appreciate any help you could offer! Can any of you go there and see if he/she can find the skeletons? Any additional tip to follow? Thanks in advance, and in the meantime I'll try to continue the mission as well - maybe I get lucky and find that annoying bastard...

hi guys.. i also experienced that in tortuga.. i didnt finish the quest, but was able to leave the cave.. when i killled all the skeleton bastards, there was no update on my logbook.. i will try to finish this quest, after askold.. gotta find 1 more manowar to complete my fleet of manowars and soleil royals.. :dance

Back