• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Savegame-check for Scimitar sword?

DH27

Sailor
Staff member
Administrator
QA Tester
Public Relations
Hi!
I started my second playthrough of the game yesterday and managed to board some 20-30 class 3 or above ships until now. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the Scimitar sword in any of the cabins and I am beginning to wonder if I missed it. I am quite sure that it did not happen to be in any of the boarded ships, but I have read on the Internet that sometimes street traders might also sell it. I never checked the traders for the sword, so it could be that I missed it there. Would there be a way to check the savegame files for the Scimitar sword?

Thanks for answers!
Best regards
DH27

Hi!
I started my second playthrough of the game yesterday and managed to board some 20-30 class 3 or above ships until now. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the Scimitar sword in any of the cabins and I am beginning to wonder if I missed it. I am quite sure that it did not happen to be in any of the boarded ships, but I have read on the Internet that sometimes street traders might also sell it. I never checked the traders for the sword, so it could be that I missed it there. Would there be a way to check the savegame files for the Scimitar sword?

Thanks for answers!
Best regards
DH27

Hello.

The only one I've found is the Scimitar in one of the trunks of a Class 1 ship that I boarded with the invaluable help of a fort. To help you get the rest, I'm copying the guide text from Steam:

"Scimitar – This one can be randomly found in the main chest in the cabin of any class 3 or above ship. If you miss it by not looting the chest you are fine, but if you see it and do not loot it, you will never see it again.

The Prophet's Wrath- This is found in the cabin of the Arbutus during the main story quest “The Pirate Saga”. This is Arthur Donovan's corvette near Antigua.

Patissa Khandu- This is found in the chest of Francois Levasseur after you complete the main story quest “Turtle Soup”. It is in the governor's residence. You get the key off of Levasseur's corpse."

This is the link to the guide:

Steam Community :: Guide :: Full English Guide and Walkthrough for Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello.

The only one I've found is the Scimitar in one of the trunks of a Class 1 ship that I boarded with the invaluable help of a fort. To help you get the rest, I'm copying the guide text from Steam:

"Scimitar – This one can be randomly found in the main chest in the cabin of any class 3 or above ship. If you miss it by not looting the chest you are fine, but if you see it and do not loot it, you will never see it again.

The Prophet's Wrath- This is found in the cabin of the Arbutus during the main story quest “The Pirate Saga”. This is Arthur Donovan's corvette near Antigua.

Patissa Khandu- This is found in the chest of Francois Levasseur after you complete the main story quest “Turtle Soup”. It is in the governor's residence. You get the key off of Levasseur's corpse."

This is the link to the guide:

Steam Community :: Guide :: Full English Guide and Walkthrough for Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. In the meantime I was able to find the Scimitar. It spawns on a random day and if you board a class 3 or above ship on this given day, then it can be found in the cabin. Otherwise, you will have to try again the following day and so on. I boarded class three ships every day until I found the sword, which took me around 15 attempts. I am not sure what the spawn cycle for the sword is though, if it is for example one day every month, or one day every year, that I cannot say.

Best regards
DH27

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. In the meantime I was able to find the Scimitar. It spawns on a random day and if you board a class 3 or above ship on this given day, then it can be found in the cabin. Otherwise, you will have to try again the following day and so on. I boarded class three ships every day until I found the sword, which took me around 15 attempts. I am not sure what the spawn cycle for the sword is though, if it is for example one day every month, or one day every year, that I cannot say.

Best regards
DH27

Hello.

You're welcome. I'm struggling with this big game too.

Back