• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Sea Dogs: To Each His Own - Worldmap Improvisation

Hello to all!

I'm a little late here. I was looking at your maps here because I design board games. I'm developing a game that centers on piracy along the Panamanian coast, particularly in Portobello. I want to talk about colonial powers and other parts of western India.

Can you please explain the flags on this map that represent colonial powers?

Note: Just to clarify Im not spamming here looking for any kind of advertising, Im just looking for real help around maps and areas of interest.

Hello and wellcome at this community.

The flag of the Spanish empire seen on the map is after the golden age of piracy, it started to be used at sea to avoid mistakes as it was similar to that of the French Bourbons by 1785.

The Cross of Burgundy would be more appropriate.

Bandera-del-Imperio-Espa%C3%B1ol.png

Note: Just to clarify Im not spamming here looking for any kind of advertising, Im just looking for real help around maps and areas of interest.
No worries.
Spam is only spam if it is about gummi's. :rofl

Board games are fair game.
And glad to see you found the section for it!
I'll be glad to see your work develop.
And feel free to use us to promote your work.
We're here to support each other, after all. :onya

No worries.
Spam is only spam if it is about gummi's. :rofl

Board games are fair game.
And glad to see you found the section for it!
I'll be glad to see your work develop.
And feel free to use us to promote your work.
We're here to support each other, after all. :onya
Thank you Pieter
The pirate theme is slightly intimidating because there is too much expectation.
I honestly think that we are on the right track. We will upload some developer updates to the boardgame channel.

It is always amaizing to find this community! congrats!

This Worldmap shall not be a Masterpiece or something special at all!

It is just an Improvisation of the most important changes till there is a real good english version of the russian map available.

It is simply made by myself and only ment as an orientation help to look at and download for printing if you want.

View attachment 25968

I'd love to have this map in the game. Is there a way to replace the excellent map with this image?

I looked into the texture directory but they use TGA.TX files which I can't seem to produce.

You need TX Convertor:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/TX Convertor.zip

You also need something capable of editing or producing .tga files. Photoshop or Gimp should be suitable. Use TX Convertor to convert the existing map to .tga, see what resolution it is, and make sure the replacement map is resized to the same resolution.

Oh cool! Thanks a lot for that. I'm really surprised that there are no map replacement mods out there, at least none that use nice maps like this. I find all the excellent maps virtually unreadable lol.

You need TX Convertor:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/TX Convertor.zip

You also need something capable of editing or producing .tga files. Photoshop or Gimp should be suitable. Use TX Convertor to convert the existing map to .tga, see what resolution it is, and make sure the replacement map is resized to the same resolution.
Damn it. I can't get those links to work. It tries to open the tab but it closes itself. I had the same issue with all links to that Bowengames site.

Woot it worked! The converter wasn't happy about the size of it but in game it looks perfect. I tried to attach it here but the site won't allow the extension.

Hey GR, I feel bad for asking here but I'm getting desperate- Would you happen to know how to use the quick-map feature from CMV I think it is? Its supposed to be mapped to M key but I have never got it to work. Oddly everything else from that appears to be working, just not the quick-map feature.

At any rate thanks so much for the help with the map. Its beautiful! Thanks also to Black Sam for uploading the image.

Woot it worked! The converter wasn't happy about the size of it but in game it looks perfect. I tried to attach it here but the site won't allow the extension.
That is why I suggested resizing your map to make it the same size as the original. ;)

Hey GR, I feel bad for asking here but I'm getting desperate- Would you happen to know how to use the quick-map feature from CMV I think it is? Its supposed to be mapped to M key but I have never got it to work. Oddly everything else from that appears to be working, just not the quick-map feature.

Sorry, I know very little of SD:TEHO apart from how to do modelling and texturing, and that's only because SD:TEHO uses similar models to PoTC, which is what I play and mod.

That is why I suggested resizing your map to make it the same size as the original. ;)

Sorry, I know very little of SD:TEHO apart from how to do modelling and texturing, and that's only because SD:TEHO uses similar models to PoTC, which is what I play and mod.

Ahh yeah. I did catch the part about resolution but I didn't know which size the original was. Only after did I realize I could convert the original into TGA and look in GIMP. It seems to be working fine at whatever resolution it is.

Sorry I should have mentioned this is for COAS. I too know very little about TEHO. Haven't played that one yet. The weird thing is I spotted the code for the quick-map feature in the files so it's definitely there and bound to M key. Just won't work lol.

Anyway, I really appreciate the help you've given. At least I have a pretty and readable map now. :D

I tried to attach it here but the site won't allow the extension.
Try zipping it first.

Sorry I should have mentioned this is for COAS. I too know very little about TEHO. Haven't played that one yet. The weird thing is I spotted the code for the quick-map feature in the files so it's definitely there and bound to M key. Just won't work lol.
Ah; the post was on the TEHO subforum.
Still, TEHO or CoAS makes little difference for Grey and me.
We haven't really played either..

Back