• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship plans available online

Bava

Wannabe Shipwright
3D Artist
QC Advisor
Storm Modeller
Just want to share my collection of plans I´ve found on ze interrnets, some of them might be usefull for other 3D shipwrights :yes

Orlogsbasen

Mostly danish, french, english vessels. Plans are low res, so you may need some experience to be able to read them.

NNM Admirality Collection

910 contemporary plans for vessels that served in the english navy. Mostly small service crafts and 1st, 2nd and 3rd rates. Very high resolution, best original plans out there!

Chapman´s ANM

Snows, briggs, sloops, frigates ... Its all there. A bit low res, though.

maritiemdigitaal

Large collection of dutch ships, medium res plans. Using the search function is a royal PITA, but some real gems can be found. :yes

Spanish ships

Spanish SoL, galleons and a frigate. Pretty cool.

And I think I´ll do a small 3D tutorial from preparing the plans, 'laying down the keel' to a basic hull form. But I haven´t decided yet which plans I`ll be using for it, though.

NNM Admirality Collection

910 contemporary plans for vessels that served in the english navy. Mostly small service crafts and 1st, 2nd and 3rd rates. Very high resolution, best original plans out there!
Aha! We do need a new 2nd Rate to replace the current VCO Endeavour/Dauntless... an excellent find! :doff

An accurate 2nd rate would be nice to have, that´s true. But I´d love to see a french 60 or 70 gun ship (like this one). Plans for very similiar vessels from the same period are in the NMM admirality collection, btw.

EDIT: A bit off topic, but a lot of very good pics of french scale models can be found here and here

An accurate 2nd rate would be nice to have, that´s true. But I´d love to see a french 60 or 70 gun ship (like this one. Plans for very similiar vessels from the same period can be found in the NMM admirality collection, btw.
:shock I agree, the artwork on that stern is incredible!
Reminds me of the Soleil Royal, sort of... which would also be another nice one to have properly done. :wp

Back