• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships for new coas mod

ovahenort

Landlubber
Hi all im working on new mod for coas called AOP 2 Pirate destiny and atm im working on texturing ships u can check Here for more info
They told me to go here to get some help with this things all my current skins are fully new textures and all of them lets say need some finish touch as rust effect on parts in water i also want from ppl who have or making ship models to ask me for help with texturing couse i like to have alot details on my ships
i saw alot ships with only paint and blured textures and i want to try make it more realistic,anyway im here for help i also heard ur lacking of ppl for this things :will

Finished small work:

Fixed weather fog will be able only at storms,few morning hours 1am-7am,my favorit part is that on bermuda island will be allway fog and heavy one

i got here 1 problem only i dont know where to change settings for "sail to" (sail to port etc) - i also want make option for sail to enemy while in battle like in sea dogs 1 or aop ct :mm

so its like this bermuda allways in fog and u must sail manual among all reefs to get on island - :will :sail

can u show me codes where i can play with sea system like waves,hight of sea and amptitude of sea :hmm

new water textures for fountain or small rivers on islands - even i make untransparent texture it still shows me transparent in game any tip how to change that?
New ship flags
New blot particles
New lowmen textures
New items prices + shop goods prices + ship prices

about ships from coas combined mod 2 - alot of them need to be fixed and i want em fixed for my mod if thats possible:

batavia1 and 2 - new sailorpoints and remodel of ship couse i can walk infront of my figurhead(mermaid) and stay in air :modding batavia 2 i think it is she need cannons she fires from back and front but no canons on ship

some ships need lights ill post later which ones

1 - Xebec - lights
2 - PacketBrig - lights
3 - Fluyt of war - missing 14 cannons + sailorpoints
4 - Lineship47 - lights
5 - Dutch two decker - missing 30 cannons+sailorpoints+lights
6 - War pinnace - missing 30 cannons+sailorpoints+lights
7 - Shnyava - sailorpoints+lights

also my list of heros will be smaller becouse not all current ones working like they need to ill use only fully working characters

well back to work :nk

thx SuperChango btw is ur ship finished? i would like to use it somehow :keith

check main post for mod details Age of Pirates : Pirate Destiny mod

You definitely do some fantastic texture work Ovahenort! I think everyone is a little distracted by the kraken and steam propulsion at the moment. Give em time mate. Maybe you should just go ahead and ask some of your questions here. :shrug

i don't completely understand what it is that you need help with.
for resources i suggest you to use the same textures that the game has, convert them back to tga and use chunks of them.
As for a general wheatered effect, i simply use a big brush, lots of fading and a very low opacity, or you can go the quick way and find yourself a pack of grunge brushes...

i know for brushes but i dont want make ships rusted and old i want make them almost new i mean if u buy it in shipyard it should be new right that means he should have new fresh wood etc textures about better ship effect ill get from shadows and realistic textures also there will be old dirty ships in mod like atleast 1 of every type but wont be able to buy in shipyard only find on map.
That would be like used ships cost much less then new ones :onya i thought thats smart move so we will have new and old ships but used ships will cost less couse it cant be same price as for new ships that add to game better price system atleast for ships.

i want have every possible option in my mod about gaming as it was in real life also im learning alot from old movies to bad i cant get any good book in my country about old sail ships i was searching alot and i couldnt belive that there is nothing about old time as this game presents

oh yea i meant i need help with deco textures like carved wood decos which i can place on hulls etc if anyone know site with those things ill be happy to know for her :will

also im not repainting old textures im making new texture maps and separating ship things on my own so textures are not merged like masts with boat holder or 2nd wheel(not sterling one)

Although I would have to check with my vanilla copy of the game, I think the ships in COAS have three hull textures. Although which one you get is random, what you could do is create one hull texture of a new ship, one weathered, and the other heavily weathered.

Although I would have to check with my vanilla copy of the game, I think the ships in COAS have three hull textures. Although which one you get is random, what you could do is create one hull texture of a new ship, one weathered, and the other heavily weathered.

no i meant like this:

lugger - hull 1 - 1st texture
- hull 2 - 2nd texture
- hull 3 - 3rd texture
all 3 will be able at shipyard like in aop ct - current shipyard system is few random ships and when u sold ur it stays at shipyard - ill use that on my own way
and then 4th lugger hull will be old textures which will be able only at sea not in shipyard same for all ships im still decideing will i use 1 extra hull or 2

about sold ships at shipyard ill have in mind to add one more window so one is for brand new ships and one for used ones

also when i get on that part ill try make that every shipyard by town have its own ships like:

per nation - spain she use lugger hull 1 skin
- England hull 2 skin etc

so lugger hull1 texture will be able to get or at sea or at only spain towns but not all of them - also ill add nation ships also like constitution will be able only at england and it wont be able to buy at shipyard bounty also etc

i guess u guys will understund this :onya :urgh

That would be an interesting mod, I do think it would be cool to be able to buy a freshly built ship. And with your textures, they would definitely look the part! I'm not sure how you would go about adding a new window to the interface though. :shrug

Perhaps it could be done through a dialog instead of a window, I think that would be a little more easily accomplished. I would think that ordering a new ship would be rare and expensive, and would probably take some time to complete. It does open up some interesting possibility's though!

1st post updated i also added link to main thread where i will update all info about my mod this one is mostly for ships :will

Back