• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Shipyard fight

BathtubPirate

Privateer
Storm Modder
@Jack Rackham how again is the shipyard fight with the newly acquired pistol belt supposed to work? I can't really use the pistol as a club, like Caroline suggests, because my character always puts away his "sword" almost immediately after drawing. This means I can only shoot, but only after I've slowly put away and re-drawn my "sword" and then hit Q in the right moment. With my guy not really being able to move around because I'm always trying to draw and shoot before he slowly puts it away again, and with Caroline not drawing enough attention to herself, I'm always dying.

I tested it and it works as intended. After Caroline dialog the pistolclub is autoequipped and then I can use "blade" and gun as usual.
I started from a jump start: "Long run to Vane's". If you do that you have to do the first fight at the farm shore too.

Do you have any other blade too?

I have a plank, but he puts that away immediately as well. :shrug

The first fight at the farm shore had exactly the same problem but there I somehow manage to win with the help of cognac and because the opponents don't do much damage.

New game and jumpstart could be an option, but Blackbeard always tells about the bonus chapter... Once in a lifetime I want to do the whole thing...

I have a plank, but he puts that away immediately as well.
But you can only get the plank at the end of the shipyard fight.

1 Is your belt of 6 pistols complete when leaving the ships?
2 Guess you have visited Defoe/Claire on the way to the shipyard?
3 What exactly do you have of weapons at the start of farm shore fight? (should be pistolbelt + fists + 12gp + 12pb)
4 What exactly do you have of weapons at the start of shipyard fight? (should be pistolbelt + pistolclub + 6gp + 6pb)

I don't remember for how long I've had the plank, but it seemed strange to me all the time that I had it.:shrug

Expect for the unwanted plank it's a yes to everything.
belt of 6 pistols complete when leaving the ships?
Because of your wording I've tried now to equip the belt on the ship already and not later. So I replayed the very last bit on the ship and the problem is already there when firing the cannon on the captain's cabin door and using the map and needles to get the key from the other side of the door: He puts the blade item away and barely leaves enough time to use F3 or Q. But probably I didn't notice this before because it wasn't life or death. So the problem must have appeared somewhere around dissolving the gold.

Guess a new jumpstart it is then. Unless you want to look at my saves and try yourself.

Is the plank a blade item type you can equip?
If so try place these lines in console.c to get rid of it at some point (maybe before the shipyard fight or earlier)
Code:
RemoveCharacterEquip(Pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE);
TakeItemFromCharacter(Pchar, "bladeplank");
TakeItemFromCharacter(Pchar, "bladeplank2");

@BathtubPirate, could you please upload one of your earliest save game where you have got the plank.
This is the earliest save I have, right before going aboard the ships. I already have the plank, but there is no problem with the blade item yet.

So I don't know if the mysterious plank is really the problem. My guess is that in the laboratory, some mechanism to put away blade items automatically got "stuck".

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica. Woodes Rogers' port January 13th, 1725 1.zip
    998 KB · Views: 65
Thanks. Guess the plank could come from the prison in the mine. That's a long way back from the lab/ships.
I'll try to repeat the bug in the lab.
If you have to use a jumpstart I can fix you in somehow for the last bonus thing.

The plank comes from the prison earlier as "Bladeplank" only appears in 2 places: wr_prison and
as looted from the carpenter after the shipyard fight.
I don't know how the plank still could be in your inventory but have added an extra check in the prison to remove it after its last use.

I played from your savegame both with and without the plank but couldn't repeat the "blade" bug.
So I think you have to use a jumpstart after all. Maybe "Long run to Vane's" to get the fights right.
Or play again from the last ok savegame.

Last edited:
Back