• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Shipyard problem

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
I am trying free play, both in Napoleonic period. A family story and Tales of a Chevalier.
In both cases a common problem arise that shipyards(all of them) not selling any ship or no ship is available to purchase in the shipyards. Purchase window/section is just empty.
Can repair ship, upgrade or sell, but nothing for buy.
I checked numerous times. I am in level 11 (family story).
Is it a bug ?? or I am missing something??

Note: I made changes to internal settings to buy any ship from shipyard (no additional limits).
Did not know about full scale story line. Using 18/4/19 update.

Note: I made changes to internal settings to buy any ship from shipyard (no additional limits).
Have you tried with the default settings?
This issue doesn't sound familiar to me, but I can't rule out that some toggles aren't fully functional anymore...

Have you tried with the default settings?
This issue doesn't sound familiar to me, but I can't rule out that some toggles aren't fully functional anymore...

No I have not.
Now playing Woodes Rogers. In chapter 4. In between I did check in the shipyard several times. But issue is the same. No availability of any ships there.
Section is empty.

Note: I forgot to say before, I am using 20190502 Fixes. Is that could be a problem ??

Last edited:
Van you provide a savegame?

Maybe WoodesRogers is not the right platform to test standard functions from, like the shipyard.

Not really. But the storekeeper in Nevis for.ex. is either an exchanged character or has only quest dialog.
Also some characters may be removed for shorter or longer periods.
So if I was out for testing standard things I would use the standard storyline.

There are save game files...

Attachments

• A family story.7z
    690.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Howard Pyle.7z
    785.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Lean de la Croix.7z
    601.9 KB · Views: 284
I am also experiencing this issue, but it even extends to not being able to swap ships when capturing a ship or trading with another ship in my fleet.

Are you playing as a naval officer?

Also, can you post the file "compile.log"?

Are you playing as a naval officer?

Also, can you post the file "compile.log"?

I was playing as a Naval Officer in Free Play. I figured that might have something to do with it, so I started another game in Tales of a Seahawk. I had the same problem there, so I went back to Free Play as a merchant and things seem to be better now.

Attachments

• compile.log
    116 KB · Views: 170
Playing as a naval officer will certainly prevent you from buying or swapping ships. The navy has assigned your ship to you and you will command it, that is an order! However, when you receive a promotion, you are assigned a new ship. When you reach the rank of commodore, you are in command of a squadron rather than a single ship and you can organise that squadron however you like. Officers of flag rank can swap ships or buy new ones.

Merchants are not restricted in this way, though if you do not have a Letter of Marque, sinking or capturing any ship, even an enemy, may be regarded as piracy. If you want to take enemy ships, get a Letter of Marque from your choice of governor and become a privateer. (Or start a game as a corsair.) Privateers also are not restricted like naval officers and you can swap or buy ships as you see fit.

Back