• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Silly Cargo Capacity on Gunboat

Wolve

Sailor
Ok this is a bit offtopic but just captured a gunboat (tier 8). My heavy Brig has a cargo space of 1087 and is roughly 3x as long and wide. That little bugger has a cargospace of over 4000! o_O I think that needs a little tweaking :p

Last edited:
@Wolve: Technically this is "Not a Bug" because I actually did that on purpose.... :wp
See this line in PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c:
Code:
refShip.Capacity      = 4000;   // PB: Just enough to allow installing Navarone Carronades
Its original value was decidedly more reasonable at 100.

The reason for this was because of the Planned Feature - Include Cannon Weight and Number in Cargo Capacity | PiratesAhoy! mod which has been temporarily abandoned.
(Can still be enabled in its current state using the SHIPS_WEIGHT toggle at the bottom of PROGRAM\globals.c)

This was purely for fun and has NOTHING to do with realism.
It was just necessary to allow you to install a stupidly big cannon on that tiny tub and go nuts with it. :rofl

I will admit that replacing it with this is probably a better idea:
Code:
  if(SHIPS_WEIGHT) refShip.Capacity      =  100;
   else  refShip.Capacity      = 4000;   // PB: Just enough to allow installing Navarone Carronades

Haha I see :p I was like wtf where do they keep all the stuff? It's like a black hole. Though it does help playing merchant to get a high rep fast for me and my officers :cheeky :wp
Kinda like the idea of a bathtub with a huge ass cannon too xD

Guess this can be closed again

Guess this can be closed again
I'll leave it for a while. I'm curious if other people have anything to say about this FUN "bug"!
There aren't many of those around, after all. :rofl

In my own code files, I added the if-statement as suggested above.
So when I make another upload, this is being fixed. In the meantime, technically it is "Not a Bug". :cheeky

First off: I do hope you don't mind me "spamming" this forum with wrong/weird/buggy stuff I find :)
  • I wanted to start my game "as low as possible" so I chose the gunboat; I realized a little to late, that this extremely small ship has way to much capacity: 4.000!
    Actually, there are 2 "refShip.Capacity" numbers in the init file...
  • Look at the picture below; isn't this ship a little bit too cheap?^^ (I didn't buy it though)

Attachments

• _class5-3.jpg
    _class5-3.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 87
That was on purpose for a reason that is no longer relevant.
In the Beta 4.1 WIP (see link in my signature) this has been corrected.

If you really want the hardest start possible, use the Free Play storyline and choose the Castaway player type.

I will probably move and merge some of your threads soon.

Back