• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Skills

i suspect the fourth one is turpeth. i almost never find that one, but i might simply not be playing for long enough.

I have found Turpeth only 2 times. Once on a ship which I boarded, and the other in a random chest. The green bottle (Saturnium?!) was the rarest for me. Found 2 bottles, but took me a VERY long time to find them. I guess it can vary for people with the factors of luck and time playing for.

meds1 {Acetum Saturninum}
meds2 {Confectio Damocritis}
meds3 {Tincture of Laudenum}
meds4 {Turpeth}

The Turpeth is the rarest.

Funny that, because I find Laudenum all the time and I hardly ever find Saturnium :keith ...I find turpeth more than Saturnium.

It's like it is switched 'round for me :)

Anyway, I'm hoping to start my Swashbucker Iron Man Realistic mode playthrough when the next patch is released, so if the rarity figures aren't altered then, I'll get 'round to that. Although, if you couldn't change your difficulty in game, it would be nice for higher difficulties to get more health bonuses. I'm still not disiplined enough to not take advantage of that exploit though, or any other exploits at that :sail . Such an extra example is that you can pretty much raid settlememts like Nevis pirate settlement, smuggler's camp, pirate fort ect and get a MASS of gold very early in the game. Within the first 10-30 minutes playing in fact. I got 3 million gold before I even talked to the govenor about the French attack in the Nathaniel Hawk storyline within 20 minutes when I raided the smugler's den. :dance . There are still loads of exploits in the game to be sorted yet, but as I said somewere else before, if you are diciplined enough to not use the exploits, you are fine :)

You can change the regular game difficulty ingame by talking to a tavern-hired officer, but you cannot change the realism settings within a game.

I know, but my point was that if you could not change your difficulty in game, it would be nice if higher difficulties got better health bonuses. It was just a side comment I made. I know it wouldn't happen anyway :) .I'm just wondering about those exploits as all.

Well, I've seen games where health regenrates faster when difficulty is raised. But in my opinion, it wouldn't negate the entire point of a higher difficulty. Where the bonus is something like 10%, have it as 11% for Apprentice, 13%-Journyman (that right?) 15% for Adventurer and 18% Swashbuckler. When you are on the higher difficulties, you lose health very quickly anyway. The 18% bonus wouldn't negate it as such, since you would soon lose it. You might just last that tiny bit longer. Who knows :shrug . Maybe for higher difficulties, the objects should be more rare so they can match higher bonuses. All of this is not going to happen. Just something that crossed my mind before :sail

Back