• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Slowing down Game Messages

Mothman

Landlubber
Hey folks,
I guess the title speaks for itself. Those message are way to fast, can basically never read them in time and so often missing out on messages about REP change or how much gold Ive got for a completed mission.Have been searching the *.inis already but couldnt find a definite entry. Any help?

Cheers
Martin

For all I know, you can't really change that, but I could be wrong. The only thing I can think of is to press the pause key [P] to pause the game and read the messages when you want to. You can also turn the less important mesages off in BuildSettings.h with a toggle (I'm not at home right now, so I don't know exactly which toggle). That way, only the important messages will appear and they will stay on the screen longer, I think.

Above only applies if you use a modpack. There is no BuildSettings.h if you don't use Build 12 and the pause key is only in the Post Build 12 modpack.

Found

In PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\LogInterface.c:

void CreateLogEnvironment()
{
if(ENABLE_SMALLLOG == 1) // CCC Make log message smaller and relocate -->
{
ILogAndActions.Log.width = sti(showWindow.sw)/2;
ILogAndActions.Log.height = sti(showWindow.sh)-80;
ILogAndActions.Log.left = sti(showWindow.left)+1; // ccc maptweak original value +88
ILogAndActions.Log.up = sti(showWindow.top)+1; //+16
ILogAndActions.Log.font = "interface_small"; // interface_normal
ILogAndActions.Log.color = argb(0,255,255,255);
ILogAndActions.Log.offsetString = 14; //24
<u><b> ILogAndActions.Log.speed = 0.1; //0.05
ILogAndActions.Log.color_speed = 0.04; //0.02
} // NOTE the last two lines determine how fast the message disappears and scrolls. If you want to change this: INCREASING the values makes it vanish FASTER
</b></u>// <-- CCC Make log message smaller and relocate
else
{

What a funny things you found when spend a lot of time just reading POTC code :)

Back