• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sneak no longer viable???

Bilgemunky

Landlubber
A few questions. Did some digging, but haven't found the answers.

1) Now that I've defeated the pirate boss, I'm suddenly a bastard in all other countries. This I sort of expected. But now, whenever I sneak into a town, everyone runs away or attacks me, and even the taverns are closed to me. My manpower is dwindling and the pirate town just can't meet my needs by itself. Buying peace with one of the countries fixed the problem "on paper", but the towns still behaved the same. My crew is dwindling - very few ships surrender to me, and I'm rapidly running out of options. Any one else experience/overcome this?

2) Store owners always greet me by saying something like "I have plenty of things you might like for your ship, or perhaps something of use to you personally?" This makes me feel like I should have an option to buy personal items in the stores (similar stuff to the outside markets.) Or am I reading too much into what he says? Being as the highest level things the markets sell is 9, I feel like there should be more stuff out there that I'm not accessing.

3) Any word on some mods that will work with the patch? At first I was having lots of fun (despite the bugs), but now I'm starting to feel limited by the closed buildings and depressingly brief main quest.

<!--quoteo(post=167665:date=Oct 16 2006, 12:36 AM:name=Bilgemunky)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bilgemunky @ Oct 16 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]167665[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
A few questions. Did some digging, but haven't found the answers.

1) Now that I've defeated the pirate boss, I'm suddenly a bastard in all other countries. This I sort of expected. But now, whenever I sneak into a town, everyone runs away or attacks me, and even the taverns are closed to me. My manpower is dwindling and the pirate town just can't meet my needs by itself. Buying peace with one of the countries fixed the problem "on paper", but the towns still behaved the same. My crew is dwindling - very few ships surrender to me, and I'm rapidly running out of options. Any one else experience/overcome this?

2) Store owners always greet me by saying something like "I have plenty of things you might like for your ship, or perhaps something of use to you personally?" This makes me feel like I should have an option to buy personal items in the stores (similar stuff to the outside markets.) Or am I reading too much into what he says? Being as the highest level things the markets sell is 9, I feel like there should be more stuff out there that I'm not accessing.

3) Any word on some mods that will work with the patch? At first I was having lots of fun (despite the bugs), but now I'm starting to feel limited by the closed buildings and depressingly brief main quest.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unfortunately the game is well, unfinished. The SuperMod unlocks the closed areas, but there still isn't much to do in them (yeah you can now visit a brothel and borrow money). The jungles are incomplete, and questwise, the other countries' missions are little more than "Fedex quests".
If you want to do more I recommend the SuperMod, but even then it's only a little more. Myself I've gone back to PotC. With build 13 it's a whole new game. There's so much more to do now in PotC I've pretty much quit playing AoP (until and unless there's some radical new changes)...

Back