• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some ingame Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratey

Landlubber
after playing POTC and the mods, i borrowed this game from a friend. I installed it and it works, kinda laggy tho. I have a few problems.
First off is that i play the game on high graphics, 1024x768. The game is very blurry, the text and stuff is blurry and its hard to make out, it feels like im playin it under 800x600. I tried the LCD monitor readjust position thing, doesnt work. I have an LCD BENQ FP731 17", about 2 years old. But when i change it to the max res. 1280x960, everything is perffect, no blurry, i can see everything, text is fine, but the game gets laggy.

Second is that when a movie is playing, it skips, like the sound skips, idk why, it like laggs.

thats about it, but thats what im having problems with. Another thing is how do i shoot cannons ? i get near an enemy ship but it doesnt shoot, i press spacebar but nuttin, but when i go on deck mode, and aim, it shoots. thats all, heres my system specs

2.0ghz P4 Processor
1024mb DDR PC2100 RAM
256mb GeForce FX 5500
Direct X 9.0c Compatiable and installed

oh and another thing was that when it was loading game, it says initializing direct X 8, why is that? my card is direct x 9c compatible, says it on the box. Other than those problems, the game is great so far.

<!--quoteo(post=184636:date=Feb 28 2007, 01:25 PM:name=piratey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(piratey @ Feb 28 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]184636[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i borrowed this game from a friend. I installed it and it works, kinda laggy tho. I have a few problems.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Unfortunately what you describe is defined as software piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back