• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

some interesting errors

I wasn't sure whether to post this on tech support or on modding but these error has come about from my modding activities so here goes:

I have added a new ship to the game and curiously I can buy it from La Vega shipyard (as this loads up the ship lists from program\scripts\utils.c which has my ship on) but not from Bridgetown (which seems to load up a generic list of all the original ships in the game).
Heres the error I find in the system file:

"Warning: NPCharacter <Bridgetown_shipyarder>-> trace node not found
Release d3d8
Undefined error
Release d3d
Undefined error
Unloading"

I'm not sure how much of this is relevent (the unloading could just be part of me quiting the game and the other stuff could be another thing but the top line is definitely it lol)

Also when I buy my new ship from La Vega I leave the shipyard and can see my ship in the harbour. i then enter my ship and the game crashes. This time it leaves this error:

"Assert failed in .\ship_utils.cpp line 84, expression string fRes <= 1.0f"

I have got this error now on numerous occasions and still can't find the file ships_utils.cpp anywhere in the game folder. is this part of the engine!?!?

Also minor point but my new ship has no name in the shipyard selection box. Anyone who knows where this name lives...

Just for anyone who may be getting the error about the ship_utils.cpp this is because your ship has collision data that doesn't fit it so import collision data thats of a different size - one thats closer to your ships size.

Plz help about the shipyard thing.

Back