• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some things on build 14

Captains Poega

Landlubber
Good morning, afternoon, evening, I completed the story of Jack Sparrow for the tenth time, and I remembered that there was a free camera, where you could explore when you were sailing and on land, but I don't know if it still works or does not exist, and that It would help a lot since I am a lot of taking photos of sunsets etc, and there is also a console that could activate many things, the only thing I know that for some of those things to work is modifying some game files, but I tried many times but it The only thing that I achieved was that I had to install everything again, if you could pass the modified files to make it work well, I would appreciate it very much, version build 14 beta 4.0 2020

We don't have the same version of the game so here's what you need to do:
1. Go to your game's main folder then open the PROGRAM folder, scroll down until you find the file called InternalSettings.h and open it. (Notepad should do) tempsnip.png
2. Scroll to the very bottom and change line 1013 from '0' to '1'. Like this: Capture.PNG
3. While in-game just keep pressing TAB until free camera mode has been selected. Use the mouse to navigate; left and right-click to zoom in and out.

For the console, the file you want is "PROGRAM\console.c", which starts like this:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;
                                           // Case 0 = Enable reload (useful when you get stuck on boarding) + Set player type (if you cannot move anymore)
   switch(0)                               // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
Put your own code directly below the 'int limit;' line. When running the game, press F12 to run the console code. If it works, you should see a message on screen, "Executed Console". If it doesn't work, you should find a file "error.log" in the top level of the game installation folder which will give a clue as to why the console didn't work.

In general, if something doesn't work properly, look for the log files "compile.log", "system.log" and sometimes "error.log". If you can't figure out what they mean, you can post them here using the "Upload a File" button - it's right next to the "Post Reply" button which you'll use to post your next article here.

remembered that there was a free camera, where you could explore when you were sailing and on land, but I don't know if it still works or does not exist
Still exists; no reason why it shouldn't work. ;)

The free sailing camera is a bit annoying though, because the initial position could be very far away from your ship. :facepalm

Another trick: Use Control + Left/Right Arrow to switch your camera to any NPC ship.
You'll still be controlling your own, but you can enjoy the sights elsewhere.

modifying some game files, but I tried many times but it The only thing that I achieved was that I had to install everything again
Definitely recommended to make a backup of your PROGRAM (and RESOURCE\INI) folders before you start editing.
Other than that, perhaps something here might be of help too:
Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks

Back