• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Someone to tell me how to turn off the poweder room exposions of the own ships please!

Handel

Landlubber
This is obvoulsy stupid and only causes a save game to be reloaded without adding anything to the gameplay. I know the devs read the book about the Peter Blood adventures and there a big battleship was sunk because a cannonball detonated the powder. But if they cared to read it more carefully they could see it is said "for unknow reason someone stored powder kegs on the open deck...". In the real seawarfare for the ovbious reasons (again) the powder kegs were stored in the most secured chamber which would remain intact even after the ship was sunk.

Update:
Actually it is not only stupid, it is weird. I can enter a generic battle in my game from the last savegame and if I enter it either my ship or my companion ship (I have only 1 companion) gets blown. It is like the game pre-decided a ship will be blown although it is pure generic random battle.

Update: It appeared the chance of powder room exploding depends on the quantity of the powder in the ship (which has sense). So do not overstock with powder and do not accept to transport powder.

Back