• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Sort of bug and idea

conor

Landlubber
These a few things.
One is, if your doing the giverner quest to destroy hostiles, and you leave the area by map or even returning to Port after entering sea, the ship thats supposed to be there won't appear. I've overcome this by going back and attacking before I need to leave, but sometimes it's hard to prepare for battles.
Another is, I used an exploit to get a class 4 ship. Yes, I'm horrible, but like I said, I couldn't leave the area as said above. When a ship surrenders and you have to fight the captain, punching him with fists without taking will kill him, it takes a long time but any non convential weapon works. Sandbags, cobble ect..
And number 3 is more of an Idia/bug. So, I'm going the smugglers quest for the govenor. Once I have arrived at the location, I cannot speak to the smugglers. I know that happened when there are solders, hover sometimes, no solders appear. Even after a long time. I want to arrest them, but killing them won't update quest. I'd rather not kill solders, but I've noticed that once the smuggler pull sword on the guards, they can be spoken to, however if you attack the smugglers or kill them, leaving the area and return, they are freely moving about and you can speak either. Killing them again does nothing. And you get their loot. Waiting a while and leaving a few times, gives the quest complete update, however Id rather arrest them.
Is there a way that maybe, instead of speaking to them, you could place the items inside a chest? Or crate, or you are teleported to the smugglers ship cargo hold and you can transfer into their ship. Once done you can then go to the captains cabin and collect gold and other items from his chest, this way, you could choose to attack him, and his ship will be captured and arrest. Or leave. If you attack him and leave his cabin, you will have to fight a small crew, and off there's a way to fast travel to your ship, then the smuggler can attack you in the sea. This could also be another way to introduce guard boarding parties. And sometimes the smugglers can attack you if you have a low rep with them, or they realise your a spy if you didn't choose to kill them. Thanks for listening.

Back