• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sound Problem

BlackDev

Landlubber
Hey Guys,

i have just installed the Game and every sound is verry skew. At the start of the Game, the sound of the intro videos is fine, but then in the main menu all is screwed up, even the music.
I use Win7 Pro and tryed the compatibility mod for the older windows versions but nothing seems to help.

Anyone an idea what i could do?

yes, doesnt work.

*edit*
Installed newest Drivers, reinstalled the game and even added a new Soundcard, still bad sound :/

*edit2*
ok i read the last posts of the topic and the edit of the config helped

but now i'm stucked in the starting parts of the game.
i play on captain with captain blood and cant even win any close combat.
Winterwood killed me with ease and so the bad guy at the weapon smith do.

Well the good news is you fixed it, as for your second problem play the game on an easier level to get use to it first. The higher the difficulty the harder it is to kill the AI and the more damage the AI do to you or your ship(s).

Hate to necro this but it was one of those last posts in that linked thread that worked for me (after searching all over the Internet), so for anyone else this is very useful:

"Go to in the "engine.ini" and change "UseMM = 1" to "UseMM = 0" and sound is good. also works with the original old FModex.dll file. change the FModex.dll file brought me nothing. have fun."

Back