• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Spanish admirals son quest - Stuck in room

Wolfman

Landlubber
Hello.

So I am playing Build 14 and doing the Find the missing son of the Spanish admiral and just got to pirates lair on La Grenade, spoke to the fellow in the tavern, followed him to the house and after I give em the ransom and Lucas talks to me, I say to him 'lets talk outside' or something like that, i don't really remember, but I can't exit the building. The room is locked, I can't interract with any other stuff except the chest there is. According to this quests walkthrough, I should just be able to exit, but I can't. I've tried reloading my save but the same thing happens. Does anyone know anything about this? Maybe I can somehow open the door with files?? Or teleport outside, i really don't know, but im basically stuck here.

Which version are you playing? Can you upload a saved game from before you went into the kidnappers' house? (Or from before you went into the tavern, or even from before you went to La Grenade.)

Are you playing any other sidequests at the same time?

Which version are you playing? Can you upload a saved game from before you went into the kidnappers' house? (Or from before you went into the tavern, or even from before you went to La Grenade.)

Are you playing any other sidequests at the same time?
I'm playing Build 14 (27th April 2022)
Side quests - Ship Stolen! , Davy Jones and Pirate Lords of the World.
Also I don't know if this counts but I am hostile against Spain and my character reputation is Dashing.

Edit - Added a save file before I got the quest to go to La Grenade.

Attachments

• Quicksave.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
I've had a look at that savegame and now see what has happened. You've triggered a very short Easter Egg but have not yet followed it through. You have presumably talked to one of the guards outside the kidnappers' house. Now you need to go round the side of the house at night.

You could start with the savegame at Santo Domingo, don't talk to the admiral, and go back to Smugglers Lair. If it's not night, go into the tavern, rent a room (or ask for cups of rum and hours of fun) until it is night, then go round to the side of the house.

Or you could start with the savegame in Smugglers Lair. Go into the tavern and talk to the kidnapper, but do not follow him yet. Talk to the tavern keeper and ask for a cup of rum and enough hours of fun to take you to night time, repeatedly if necessary. When it's night, do not follow the kidnapper to the door; instead, go round to the side of the house. Things may get a bit confusing because the Easter egg and the Spanish admiral's son quest both try to do things at the same time, but when I tried it, everything worked out in the end.

I've had a look at that savegame and now see what has happened. You've triggered a very short Easter Egg but have not yet followed it through. You have presumably talked to one of the guards outside the kidnappers' house. Now you need to go round the side of the house at night.

You could start with the savegame at Santo Domingo, don't talk to the admiral, and go back to Smugglers Lair. If it's not night, go into the tavern, rent a room (or ask for cups of rum and hours of fun) until it is night, then go round to the side of the house.

Or you could start with the savegame in Smugglers Lair. Go into the tavern and talk to the kidnapper, but do not follow him yet. Talk to the tavern keeper and ask for a cup of rum and enough hours of fun to take you to night time, repeatedly if necessary. When it's night, do not follow the kidnapper to the door; instead, go round to the side of the house. Things may get a bit confusing because the Easter egg and the Spanish admiral's son quest both try to do things at the same time, but when I tried it, everything worked out in the end.
The easter egg is pretty neat, I like that. But I had to continue from Smugglers Lair. If i went there before talking to admiral, I would be stuck in the room again. Thank you so much !

For the future, I'll fix the Easter egg so that it only locks the inside door right when you trigger the scene by going round the side of the house at night. The reason for locking the door is that the Easter egg changes the year to 1750, so you can't leave until you've talked to Nathaniel. That sets up the proper exit sequence which puts the year back to what it should be, and will now also unlock the inside door.

Back