• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Special Perks and interface improvements

A question about the whole surgeon/medicaments/potions/etc aspect - in order for the crew to benefit, where is the best place to store the vials and bandages we pick up along the way? I'm guessing the more esoteric meds, such as the turpeth or lead vinegar, should be given to the surgeon. But what about the bandages and healing potions? :shrug

A question about the whole surgeon/medicaments/potions/etc aspect - in order for the crew to benefit, where is the best place to store the vials and bandages we pick up along the way? I'm guessing the more esoteric meds, such as the turpeth or lead vinegar, should be given to the surgeon. But what about the bandages and healing potions? :shrug
If you're talking crew in 3D Sailing Mode, health ITEMS do nothing; only health GOODS (Medicaments).
Giving extra health items to the Surgeon also does nothing; especially if you don't take your Surgeon ashore with you.

Officers, of course, use whatever items you give them.
And I seem to remember adding some code so that health ITEMS can be taken from the Weaponslocker for your boarding crew.

The Turpeth is one of four special items that does nothing, until you collect them all. I can't remember "Lead Vinegar", but that might be another of those four.
When you've got them, you can bring them to the Bridgetown Apothecary and be used to increase your maximum HP.
For some additional payment, of course...

If you're talking crew in 3D Sailing Mode, health ITEMS do nothing; only health GOODS (Medicaments).
Giving extra health items to the Surgeon also does nothing; especially if you don't take your Surgeon ashore with you.

Officers, of course, use whatever items you give them.
And I seem to remember adding some code so that health ITEMS can be taken from the Weaponslocker for your boarding crew.

The Turpeth is one of four special items that does nothing, until you collect them all. I can't remember "Lead Vinegar", but that might be another of those four.
When you've got them, you can bring them to the Bridgetown Apothecary and be used to increase your maximum HP.
For some additional payment, of course...
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Pieter. It makes a lot more sense now.

Oh, and "Acetum Saturninum" is literally lead vinegar. They used it as a topical liniment for bruises, inflammation, muscle injuries, and some types of sores. :8q

This is about ready for testing by other people. I've been using it during my current play through the "Assassin" storyline and haven't noticed anything odd, but the numbers which govern the effectiveness of the perks may need tuning depending on whether they're ineffective or too effective when used on other ships.
No comments? Then I'll see what happens if I put it into the next update. :D This is also going to include a change to damage calculations which will increase crew damage, which could have an effect if you're trying to attack a big warship. You need to do this in three storylines - "Assassin", "Ardent" and "Tales of a Sea Hawk". (And in "Assassin", it isn't even at the end of the storyline.) Hopefully the "Improved First Aid" perk will counteract the increased crew loss enough to make those battles still survivable, especially "Tales of a Sea Hawk", where you need to fight the Black Pearl after taking on Silehard's Sovereign of the Seas without a chance to recruit replacement crew in between.

Oh hi,

if someone is interested. Here are the things which I added in the earlier release but weren't included. I've done a winmerge agains the newest version (20th of februari) and added the things in there. Haven't been able to completly test it but the firsts tests I did didn't show anything weird. Please let me know if you find anything weird.
This does require a new savegame

Attachments

• Special Perks.zip
    151.6 KB · Views: 165
Hey @Levis, nice to see you in these waters again, mate! :cheers
:ship can't promise I'll be very active but I still have some unfinished business I want to fix. The smuggling system still needs more to be what I envisioned and I still want to make the apothecary quest like I originally planned it. Hopefully I'll be able to do those things. and maybe something else :wp

Back