• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stability Issues

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
Okay, I have build 13 installed and it works fine to a point: When I get to higher levels (10+) it seems to crash a lot, especially when loading save games. I have an intel chipset and use swiftshader, which I know can cause crashes, but new games and early saves seem to be fine, I don't see how it could only be a problem later. I have changed that map setting from 0.6 to 1.0, I have installed the patch that fixes the "Midnight and cargo hold full" bug; are there any other patches/fixes I need to do that I'm still unaware of? Is there a list of all of them someplace?

Okay, so the game crashes more the further into it I go, which is very strange. It see,s to crash less when I play it without the disk, which is stranger, and gets a little better when I restart the computer after it has started crashing. Does this make sense to anyone? It's the increasing level of problems the further into the game that weirds me out most. Is there a cashe or something that gets dumped on restart?

Back