• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stealth mission/enemy town

ahab

Landlubber
I would like to complete the governour - quests in which you should meet a person ( usurer) in the money-lender shop in an enemy town.
In order to do so, one must sail into the harbour in bright daylight (At night the shop is closed). In order to be successfull one must avoid an alarm.
My stealh ability is about 10
Can I complete these missions?
How can I incraese my Stealth best?

Are there any "workarounds"?

1)Buy a trade license from a diplomat and then sail into harbor using the enemy flag or a flag which is at peace with them.

2)Find/buy items that can increase your stealth.

3)Sail into the harbor at night, preferably when there are no other ships in the harbor. If you are not made out by the fort, go to town and spend the night at the tavern. The next day, go to the store and avoid the guards.

4)The workaround:
Do the same as #3, but instead of sailing to the harbor, sail near it, then use the "quick sail" feature to the harbor, then quickly press the space bar, if you are lucky you'll then load right into the town before the fort can make you out. Carry on with your mission.

You should buy the appropriate nation's trading license, then sail in the port with a friendly flag (preferably the flag of the owner of the port, you also need trading license of the nation that owns the port). Get the trading license in any pirate settlement's tavern, diplomats are there ALWAYS unless it's a settlement captured by a player (player captured settlements usually have pirate flags at them, but they arent actually owned by pirates and not counted as pirate settlements).

Thought, when you get in city, you will contiously get guards asking you about why you're in the city, so you just choose the first option. Also, if you had previously for example attacked the city or sailed in there with a rival flag, then the fort may open fire at you (that happend to me millions of times).

I thought all you had to do to sneak into an enemy city was sail to a nearby beach then enter the city at night, go to the tavern and sleep till morning, do what you need to in town, then leave and walk back to your ship.

To complete the mission do you need to load something on the ship from the port?

Back