• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Strange Things Going on in the Caribbean

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
Storyline: Tales of a Sea Hawk (main quest already completed)

On this part of the side quest:
Walkthrough.jpg

When I enter the tavern, all the default NPC's are just standing still and I cannot initiate a conversation with the tavernkeeper. (save game attached: you only need to enter Tavern next)

*I also tried reloading to an earlier save back at Puerto Rico after talking to Jordano and I still got the same result. Please advise.

Barbados Tavern.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 70
  • system.log
    750 bytes · Views: 62
  • -=Test 1=- Barbados.7z
    797.9 KB · Views: 58
I'm not sure how to reset Simon Hanpool so you can talk to him, perhaps @Grey Roger can help you with that.

However looking at your save and following the wiki you're about to get a disappointment since Ronald Blacklock was killed by you during the main quest. That situation is what brought me to modding seven years ago (and hence to my reply here). At that time the answer was "complete this before you kill him!!" However there was some broken modded code hidden in his dialogue trying a workround which drew me in. The end result was a bit of dialogue with Simon which will set up the prison with "Teacher" in a cell despite there being no warden - none of which is mentioned in the wiki. But in your case no dialogue, no fix......... so for a dirty fix - putting the crux of the same code in console would allow you to carry on to see the Teacher in prison.

Code:
LAi_SetStayType(characterFromID("Teacher"));
LAi_SetHP(characterFromID("Teacher"), 80.0, 80.0);
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Teacher"), "Greenford_prison", "goto9");
pchar.quest.ANIMISTS = "wardendead";
If any other of your remaining side quests require Simon see above :shrug

This version of "console.c" should reset Simon Hanpool and Nadine Jensen.

Also, have a look at this:
Solved - Tavern keeper can't be interacted with / dead albatross
(The bit about Port Royale referred to an incident where someone had captured Port Royale for himself and then his own soldiers tried to arrest him because he was flying a Pirate flag and Pirates were hostile to him. That should be fixed in the April update, Personal soldiers should never try to arrest you regardless of which flag you're flying and what your nation thinks of it.)

Attachments

• console.c
    35.4 KB · Views: 59
Awesome! Thank you @pedrwyth @Grey Roger :bow:bow:bow I have completed the quest but using codes nonetheless.

So getting back to it, I captured Bridgetown under my personal flag which got me my personal soldiers and everything. I spent a few days in the city gambling until one of the crew came and got me in the Tavern after spending the night. (Spent the night, went downstairs and talked to Danielle then a crew enters to inform me about the sighting of British ships). Got no arguments from anyone for taking the town.

Is it better to complete the quest before finishing the storyline then, to avoid this? Or is there a more permanent solution for it? Or maybe it's just my playthrough that this happened.

The real key is to not go to the tavern while under a flag which is hostile to yourself. Don't be under a British flag, and unless you've previously made peace with them, don't be under a Pirate flag either. Personal is fine. (Normally I buy Portuguese and Dutch LoM's so that I'm still a privateer legally allowed to continue attacking French and Spanish targets after Silehard turns Britain against me, and am likely to be under a Portuguese or Dutch flag during the attack on Bridgetown. So I've never seen this problem.)

It shouldn't matter whether you complete "Strange Things Going On" before or after completing the main story. Besides, if you've messed up the tavern, it's liable to break other quests.

I see. Like I said though, I captured Bridgetown under my flag. You said that should be fine but I'll do what you normally do next time because that obviously didn't work out well for me. I'll get a Portuguese or Dutch LoM before capturing the town and see if still messes up the tavern.

Since it has been encountered before perhaps one idea would be to place the barman and waitress resets in with the code for resetting the soldiers etc to English after the siege. If they have gone to warrior mode this would reset them if not then it would do no harm. It would not deal with other capture colony scenarios but at least the one where the story forces the player to do it would be covered.

Back