• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Stuck at False Trace

Shuraalex

Landlubber
Context: Having roughly 400+ hours in TEHO with roughly 2-3 full playthroughs (throughout the years, not consecutive thank god) - I have encountered a bug I cannot pass through, and am highly disinclined to skip losing another 2-3 hours of my life. I have passed this quest before and this particular side in my previous play throughs.

Playing on the (relatively) new 1.7.3 version with the relevant mod (1.7.3 Hook functionality + active map)
I cannot progress the False Trace quest for:
Katerina's side

After killing the four thugs at the lighthouse in three different ways (twice in the lighthouse (slowly!) and once outside with a tincture (quickly)) nothing happens, the quest NPC refuses to talk to me, receive damage from me, or let me out of the scene back onto my boat or out into the selva.
Anyone deal with this? If so what's the solution, except the obvious - picking a whole different side and consequently loosing 2-3 hours of my life doing this quest and beginning from the very start? :(

Also on a unrelated note, my Discord account was banned for some reason, I just came back from my 8 month contract on a cruise liner, and tried to join the discord, apparently I was banned?
(I used to be a member, also I believe I was hacked at one point, but I fail to see why I would be permabanned.)

TLDR:
False trace quest is bugged, cant progress - also banned on discord < need help.

Last edited:
Hi, it may be a problem for developers. Tell me your nick to see if I can remove this ban from discord.

Hello JTem, thank you for your reply. My nickname is exactly the same as here:
1686250884402.png

Back