• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuck in caleuche quest / can't leave a city ( spoilers )

JLSJJ

Landlubber
Hello everybody,

I do have quite a big problem with this quest, i managed to go to Cuba ( with a spanish flag, a neutral relation with spain and a trade license ), once i enter the city a guard ask me about my papers but everything was in order so i was able to enter the city without harm.

Now i am at the part where i am supposed to kill merriman, but i can't manage to do so because i am low on ammo, potions and good boarders, so i try to go back to my ship to acces my chest but every time either the guards think i am a spy or the fort shoot me once at sea.

Is this because i went to the jungle and didn't stay in the city ? i tried everything i think, i tried at night, i tried with the lampor suit ( 75 sneak on my character ), i tried without my boarders ..

Even if i was able to defeat merriman it seems to me that i won't be able to leave the city anyway :/

Someone have a solution to offer ?

Thanks !

PS : my oldest save is not far enough to take me before i have problems with the guards

You could try improving your relations with Spain through doing simple land errands for them. Maybe even take on a buccaneering license with them, perhaps, at the Cuban governor's office. (Completing the merriman quest may also do this.)

It sounds a little strange that going to the jungle caused this. Perhaps political relations have changed in the meantime, while you were spending time in Cuba? What nation does your character belong to? Check the nation relations chart/map.

Last edited:
It sounds a little strange that going to the jungle caused this. Perhaps political relations have changed in the meantime, while you were spending time in Cuba? What nation does your character belong to? Check the nation relations chart/map.
You play as a French character in TEHO.
And France is in war with Spain.

If you didn't do something to upset the Spanish, maybe your training license expired?

As the comrades tell you, it is possible that your business license has expired while you were in the jungle.

I have not done that mission, but a solution could be not to leave the city through the gates and if you do it from the port while you have the license in force and from there disembark in a cove and enter the jungle to do the mission.

But if you don't have the option of returning to the saved game I see it quite complicated.

Back