• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuck trying to talk to Rheims

KapiteinKat

Landlubber
Hey all, hopefully somebody can help me with this as I couldn't find anyone else with a similar problem. Currently I;m on Douwesen and need to talk to Rheims at the Tavern, however, Toff Oremans is in the same location. The game only lets me speak to Toff. Toff disregards me as I have bad reputation. No ways to improve reputation as the game does not let me go off from Douwesen. I'm kind of at my wits end and hoping that somebody can help me with this, don't want to start a new game.

(playing the European version without any mods)

When you enter the tavern, Vincent Bethune should talk to you and tell you that Rheims is sitting at the table by the door. He leaves and Danielle Greene should talk to you. Then you should talk to Raoul Rheims.

Did Vincent Bethune or Danielle Greene talk to you? Did anything else happen in the tavern?

Toff Oremans has nothing to do with the main story. Raoul Rheims, Danielle Greene and Vincent Bethune do not care whether you have talked to Toff Oremans.

Both Vincent and Danielle talked to me. I've added a screenshot of my game to better illustrate my problem. Also, thanks for the quick reply, wasn't expecting it for a 20 year old game.

1685358763414.png

Raoul Rheims should not be sitting on top of Toff Oremans, he should be on the other side of the tavern near the door.

Can you upload your file "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_reaction.c"?

Are you sure that's Rheims sitting on top of Toff Oremans? Standing where you are in that screenshot, if you turn to face the door, Rheims ought to be to the right of the door.

Your "quests_reaction.c" puts Rheims in the same place as mine. Only one other character might share that space. If you've talked to the women standing outside the town hall and then talked to the governor, he tells you to find a captain in the tavern who has seen the mysterious ship; that captain is placed on the same seat that Rheims should use.

Below is a screenshot of that table. The person on the right is the town's smuggler and if I start the quest you just described Gherard Drabbe spawns in on the seat across from him. Is there a way to spawn Rheims in any of the other seats?

1685363496094.png

That seat where Gherard Drabbe spawns is also where Rheims should be!

Ah. I see how Rheims might be in the wrong seat. There are three places to land on Douwesen. Where did you moor - in port or at one of the beaches?

And do you have a saved game from before you went to Douwesen, or at least from before you went into the tavern?

I landed on one of the beaches, Palm's Beach IIRC. Don't have a save before I entered Douwesen, I have two saves on Douwesen itself. One is just before I enter the Tavern and one still in the Jungle.

That explains it. There are mistakes in the quest code. When you arrive at Douwesen port, Rheims is placed on the seat where Drabbe goes. But if you arrive at either of the beaches, he is placed on the same seat as Toff Oremans. If you are in the jungle then you have already arrived and Rheims is already in the wrong seat.

The attached version of "quests_reaction.c" should move Rheims to the right seat when you enter the tavern. Put it into "PROGRAM\QUESTS", then load your savegame just before you enter the tavern. See if Rheims is where he should be. And don't talk to the women by the town hall, otherwise Drabbe will probably be sitting on top of Rheims!

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    541.5 KB · Views: 37
Back