• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stumped Again

<!--quoteo(post=324889:date=Jun 3 2009, 10:41 PM:name=LeFey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeFey @ Jun 3 2009, 10:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324889"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi,
as i'm also stuck i'm using this thread instead of opening another one...

My problem:
Everytime i enter the store or the moneylenders residence i'm being transferred, or rather teleported into an temple where, after some seconds, micantlecuti, or sth. like that, appears informing me (actually he uses the name august brahms) that i would owe him 5 000 000 piasters. After telling him that i don't have the money he disappears leaving me alone.

As the exit is closed, is there a way to escape from there? And which quest is it (as i know the tenochtitlan quest starts at the mosquito coast)?

Well, there's no way talking to the storekeeper or the moneylender before the teleport happens, and as i really(!) don't have the 5 000 000 there isn't any alternative in the dialog...
I'm looking forward to some help :/
LeFey<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You have negligence taken money from moneylender in the City of Abandoned Ships. If you do not have savegames, it is the game over.

Got another apparent bug.

I took a quest to cleanse the dungeon in Fort de France of evil spirits. When I entered the dungeon and tripped the glowing orb thing (whatever it's called), the quest log updated. I then killed all the skeletons. Now what? I went back to the priest to see if he would release the quest, to no avail. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is this part of the game broken as well? I ask this because the quest log never updated after I killed the last skeleton, and there aren't any more baddies in the dungeon; I've checked three times. I've looked for another dungeon and there isn't one, at least that I could find.

Any ideas on this one?

Man, this is turning into a thread just to deal the problems of this half-finished, but still enjoyable, game, huh?

He has a different response further down in his conversation.

If you aren't paying attention, its easy to miss.

Same thing happens when you take the guard the church mission.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=324919:date=Jun 3 2009, 09:55 PM:name=braincramp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (braincramp @ Jun 3 2009, 09:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324919"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Got another apparent bug.

I took a quest to cleanse the dungeon in Fort de France of evil spirits. When I entered the dungeon and tripped the glowing orb thing (whatever it's called), the quest log updated. I then killed all the skeletons. Now what? I went back to the priest to see if he would release the quest, to no avail. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is this part of the game broken as well? I ask this because the quest log never updated after I killed the last skeleton, and there aren't any more baddies in the dungeon; I've checked three times. I've looked for another dungeon and there isn't one, at least that I could find.

Any ideas on this one?

Man, this is turning into a thread just to deal the problems of this half-finished, but still enjoyable, game, huh?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i guess u didn't kill all skeletons, check every corner...if u have when u speek with priest "i'm here on buisnes, padre..." or somthing like that

<!--quoteo(post=324922:date=Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324922"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He has a different response further down in his conversation.

Cap'n Drow<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Found it! Many thanks. They don't make it very obvious.

Here's another question: I'm neutral with Spain and hostile with France. Yet, I can enter French ports, but cannot enter Spanish ports. The "neutral" Spain shoots at me; the "hostile" France does nothing. I'm afraid I'm still missing something, here. Can anyone explain why this is?

<!--quoteo(post=324926:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM:name=braincramp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (braincramp @ Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324922:date=Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324922"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He has a different response further down in his conversation.

Here's another question: I'm neutral with Spain and hostile with France. Yet, I can enter French ports, but cannot enter Spanish ports. The "neutral" Spain shoots at me; the "hostile" France does nothing. I'm afraid I'm still missing something, here. Can anyone explain why this is?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What is the nationality of the main character? Is there a bounty on head?

<!--quoteo(post=324940:date=Jun 3 2009, 04:25 PM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 3 2009, 04:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324940"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324926:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM:name=braincramp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (braincramp @ Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324922:date=Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324922"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He has a different response further down in his conversation.

English. How do I find out if there's a bounty?

<!--quoteo(post=324957:date=Jun 4 2009, 01:20 AM:name=braincramp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (braincramp @ Jun 4 2009, 01:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324957"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324940:date=Jun 3 2009, 04:25 PM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 3 2009, 04:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324940"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324926:date=Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM:name=braincramp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (braincramp @ Jun 4 2009, 12:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324922:date=Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jun 3 2009, 03:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324922"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He has a different response further down in his conversation.

English. How do I find out if there's a bounty?

F2 - Nation / Relationships. England is neutral with France and war with Spain, Netherlands and pirates. "The reputation of a hero among the nations" is a personal relationship of hero and the nation. Example: attacked the French merchant and have been found, a bounty on head and personal hostility. Finished quest Spanish governor - enhancing personal reputation in Spain.

You are an Englishman, England fought with Spain, you have a personal neutral relationship, you have a Spanish flag and not enough secrecy, Spaniards find you and fired.
You are an Englishman, England and France neutral, you have a personal hostility with France, you have a French flag, you have enough secrecy, French do not find. But always do so.

There are no contradictions and BUGS.

Back