• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Supermod vs "Historical Immersion" Supermod?

dahkdm

Landlubber
Is there a significant difference between these two versions of the Supermod, besides one being more recently updated? Like, is the Supermod full of voodoo and ghosts and whatnot whereas the Historical Immersion Supermod isn't? Cus I am all in for voodoo and ghosts.

Also, if someone would point me in the direction of the Storm Engine pirate game with the most supernatural elements around, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, if someone would point me in the direction of the Storm Engine pirate game with the most supernatural elements around, that'd be greatly appreciated.
That's easy -- Pirates of the Caribbean with the New Horizons mod. Fantasy, ghost and pirate tales abound! :dance

Is there a significant difference between these two versions of the Supermod, besides one being more recently updated? Like, is the Supermod full of voodoo and ghosts and whatnot whereas the Historical Immersion Supermod isn't? Cus I am all in for voodoo and ghosts.
As far as I know Supermod is Historical Immersion Supermod. It was called simply Supermod before the "Historical Immersion" was appended to it at a later version. The original HIS is broken on newer systems.

Instead you have HIS version 5, now called Historical Immersion Mod, maintained by @Modder01 here: Mod Release - AoP:CT - Historical Immersion Mod v5.0

This is a significant overhaul of the old HIS to work on newer systems, and continued its development. It also uses a newer, upated/revamped version of the Storm Engine, developed by @ChezJfrey.

Official ModDB page:
AoP: Historical Immersion Mod v5.0 (Standalone) for Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales

Last edited:
Back