• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Supressing the Loot Exit Confirmation

Mere_Mortal

Free Like a Radical
Storm Modder
I just found noConfirm in itemsbox.c and set it to true. As a result, I no longer receive the confirmation prompt when exiting from a corpse which still has items.

Might it be an idea to add a menu option for this? After playing the game for a bit, it becomes obvious to the player that loot will disappear after leaving the screen, so it soon becomes a chore. I have found it easier to just take all the loot if there are lots of corpses lying around (which is easy enough as I have a double-click macro for my mouse), but the problem is that I get annoyed with clutter in my inventory so I much rather leave behind the cheap and tacky items.

I was also thinking that a “take all” button might be useful, which I expect would be possible given that it can be done when transferring cargo between ships. If that can be done, I also wonder if it’s possible to force the screen to exit upon doing so. If anybody’s played the Stalker series then they’ll probably understand what I’m getting at here, as that game is, second to shooting stuff lots and lots of course, about lots and lots of loot.

Last edited:
"Take All" is probably possible. In theory. But who is going to actually do the work of adding it?

I personally am no great fan of adding toggles on everything, because before you know it you get so many of them that is becomes silly.

Maybe there could be an "automated toggle" of some kind? For example, don't show it once you reach player level 10 or so?
Or link it to something else that is already in the game?

Well yeah, it’s not exactly a priority matter. It’s also a chore in itself to go through the options menu for the first time; there are many options which cannot really be understood until the game has been played for at least an entire day. I guess there’s inventory clutter, then there’s menu clutter!

Last edited:
Back