• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tenochtitlan's bug, anyone knows how to fix it?

drakul88

Landlubber
Hello, i am having problems on the Tenochtitlan quest.
First, i had problem with that guy, Silvio Ricci, who gave me a blanket chat that crashed my game every time.
I fixed that problem, by writing some code into some files (i found this "fix" on internet).
Now, i am doing the 10 totem quest: but as soon as i try to enter the temple, right after the bridge, a indian guy stops me, giving me another blanket chat, that crashes my game again.
Could u please tell me if there is a way to fix it, maybe reverting all the changes i've done to fix Silvio Ricci's crashes?

Doesn't the JsCombinedCodeMod address this? I don't know for sure since I haven't gotten that quest yet.

I fixed the quest as mentioned in another post in this forum before I even got to Mosquitoes Shore. I expected the game to crash when crossing the bridge and have the fateful encounter with the skinny dude called Mextili... and surprisingly it didn't! I could finish the whole quest without a single glitch! I think the fix works fine, but...

I was wondering if it makes a difference if you already have started the quest and apply the patch later, or doing it before (or start a fresh game)? Perhaps there are already references to the none-existing dialogs in the save file when the quest is already started (?).

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14575-jscombinedcodemod/

I'm sure there is no Trojan in there :)

See this 'ere thread, matey, fer instructions how tew fix it! :onya

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13463-technochiltin-spelling-bug-fix

Werked fer ol' Fred Bob! :cheeky

See this 'ere thread, matey, fer instructions how tew fix it! :onya

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13463-technochiltin-spelling-bug-fix

Werked fer ol' Fred Bob! :cheeky
I used that code to fix the first part of the quest (i was crashing when talking to Ricci), but now i am crashing everytime i cross the bridge, when a indian guy talks to me.
I don't know if it will fix once i'll have all 10 totems, or if i could fix it by removing the changes to the files listed in your link; i hope to find a solution soon (it would be lame if i could get all totems and couldn't complete the quest)

To do that in WordPad for instance:
1. Open one of the files.
2. Click Edit, then click Replace.
3. In the "Find what:" box, type in DLG_TEXT
4. In the "Replace With:" box, type in DLG_TEXT_TE
5. Click the "Replace All" button.
6. Save.
7. Repeat on the remaining 5 files.
Make sure, matey, dat when ye replaced 'DLG_TEXT' wid 'DLG_TEXT_TE' dat ye didn't end up wid 'DLG_TEXT_TE_TE' instead or else ye git empty dialogs wid both dem skinny Aztec fellers! :huh

Go back an' double check yer changed files! :cheeky

I added the combined JS mod and the whole quest worked fine for me. Talked to the Ricci guy at Mosquito coast, used the totems to kill the fire spell, crossed the bridge of fire, talked to the two brothers, swam in the labyrinths below the city, killed some Aztecs in the temples, searched everywhere I could get access and left the city to find the ten totems. The whole thing worked flawlessly with no crashes. V/R AS

Is it safe installing mods?
I mean, first of all, to install them, it is required a .exe that i have to run into my aop folder, which seems a bit risky to me.
Second, i can do it manually, but should i do a backup before doing that?

And , by the way, i am 99% sure i didn't f**k up writing wrong things while editing those files (i am a little programmer myself)

Well you SHOULD check. Fred Bob was just offering advice (no need to bite his head off)

We dont make viruses here. No one wants to cause harm to your computer :no

Nope; the mods really are safe, I can assure you. We like viruses and trojans as much as you do.
In other words, WE HATE THAT ***! :whipa

Problem is, i can't find the JSGME program i need to put into my folder.
I go the the web page, but i simply can't find it.
I will try to do it manually.

And , by the way, i am 99% sure i didn't f**k up writing wrong things while editing those files (i am a little programmer myself)
'Twas only describin' ol' Fred Bob's own mistake when Find n' Replace be loopin' 'round an' doin' it agin! :rolleyes:

I added the combined JS mod and the whole quest worked fine for me. Talked to the Ricci guy at Mosquito coast, used the totems to kill the fire spell, crossed the bridge of fire, talked to the two brothers, swam in the labyrinths below the city, killed some Aztecs in the temples, searched everywhere I could get access

What next I talked to Montezuma and can't find access to temples white .......... + the big one Please help

Back