• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved The beginner BUG!

Vadim Cool

Landlubber
I haven't tested it in other places, but for now right when you start the game, after a while Atila friend shows up and if you have drawn your weapons in the moment he contacting you, then there is no text, so you can't do anything other than saving a game or exiting it. And if you save it, exit it and then re-load it, you won't be able to make a dialog with him again even if you stand right next to him. This may or may not have effect on other scenarios as well.. But the bug is there!
You are running around doing your stuff, all over sudden a guy comes up to you and the game breaks! Perfect start. :onya
BTW I have neither tested this without: Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0 Beta

Odd... I've never had any problems with that before. Try starting a new game with exactly the same character...

Odd... I've never had any problems with that before. Try starting a new game with exactly the same character...
Just did, it doesn't matter which character it is... if you have your sword out (fighting mode) and as soon Atila comes up to you, you're screwed! :) It seems I always encounter problems others don't..

I would recommend just not walking around in fighting mode in that case. I never use it unless I'm fighting, which might explain why I've never encountered that.

This doesn't surprise me. That's why you save often. There are often little things that can be screwed up if you set the wrong conditions with the wrong action. You shouldn't be fighting the pirates on Bermuda unless you accidentally hit one or shot one. The options are to quickly run to your ship or reload the game from an earlier save.

The only other option is to die facing the endless army of pirates coming out to fight you. :duel:MK

Back